Picked up an Antec Notebook Cooler for $15!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by darrengreer, Oct 4, 2006.

1. darrengreer macrumors regular

Jun 11, 2006
    I went to Circuit City during my lunch break and picked up an Antec Ntebook Cooler for $39.99. They had a sticker on there saying that it had a $25 mail-in rebate, so I thought it was a great deal.

At the counter I find out that the deal expired on 9/30, and they forgot to take down the tag. As a result of their "mistake", they gave me $25 off and I got the cooler for $15.

I'm going to play around with it tonight to produce some meaningful information on my MBP (Heat difference, batter-life, etc.). I'll post the information as I have it.
  2. darrengreer thread starter macrumors regular

Jun 11, 2006
    Quick update

I didn't get a chance to run it through any detailed tests, I'm hoping I'll be able to tonight or tomorrow.

However, I used the cooler while watching TV last night, and doing a little bit of Java development, nothing too intensive. The CPU only got to around 50, which seems much better than normal. Additionally, the external shell seemed much cooler to the touch.

The Antec cooler does have a "sharp" feel to the surface where the holes are. I am not taking any chances that it will scratch my MBP, so I placed some rubber stops in between the MBP and the surface. I'll swing by Lowes on the way home to see if I can purchase some additional stick-on rubber pieces to use permanantly.

I think I'll also price out some surface temperature gauges.