pickup repair applestore?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mrweirdo, Mar 9, 2007.

1. mrweirdo macrumors 6502

Well I had my macbook's logic board replaced at our local apple store. They just called me from the store today saying it was fixed. The question i have is do i need to make another genius bar appointment in order to pick it up? When i was there the genius just told me that it would take about a week for the repair and told me they would call then proceeded to give me my paperwork and of course not thinking I forgot to ask about it.

I'm planing on going into tomorrow to pick it up. Does anyone know if its standard practice? also how to do i go about picking up my repair? just walk up to the genius bar or ask one of the store employees?

2. nazmac21 macrumors 6502a

nazmac21

I am sure you call your Apple Store and tell them you are coming. They will help you from there.

3. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

No. You do not need to call ahead, nor do you need to schedule an appointment. You can simply walk up and say you're there for a pickup.

4. mrweirdo thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks for the info...good to know too since I'll be out of town for the first half of the day and not sure exactly when I'll be back other then afternoonish. So i wouldn't have been able to make an appointment. I cant wait to get my mac back :D also its the first time I've had to get a repair(besides a battery replacement at an authorized service center) done and hopefully my last ;)

Side note since this is my first time at an apple store/genius bar I found it to be a pretty cool experience. I could see myself just hanging out there :D(good thing its not nearby lol). While I was waiting around I had to bite my tounge a few times when people were siting at the genius bar next to me asking stuff that I knew lol.