Pics of my MacBook and MacBook sleeve

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ljump12, Jul 3, 2006.

1. ljump12 macrumors 6502

Thought id throw up some pictures because I was bored. I purchased this sleve offa ebay; and am realllly happy with it; its made of high density foam or whatever; and cost only $20, yet fits the macbook like a glove.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. purelithium macrumors 6502

purelithium

What's the third picture of? The grey thing with the dots all over it?

3. ljump12 thread starter macrumors 6502

Its just the foam of the sleeve; i pressed it down with my fingers; and the depession remains for about 5-10 seconds before it evens out; its supposed to help pad it idk.

4. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

Looks nice, but I think I'll prefer a Booq or Incase bag over that Hong Kong bootleg.

5. ljump12 thread starter macrumors 6502

Maybe; but at twice the price; does the quality really surpass it that much?

6. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

Looks like a nice case for the price, plus it offers great shock protection.....I may consider ordering one, on the topic though have any other sleeves been released yet for the MB 13.3" from brands like tucano and crumpler etc?

SHadoW

7. lazymuoio macrumors member

anyone know the original manufacturer of that sleeve or ones like it i need one for my new macbook

8. ljump12 thread starter macrumors 6502

9. ljump12 thread starter macrumors 6502

10. Donz0r macrumors 6502a

That look really nice, I was set on a booqbag...but I'm really liking that one.

Do the zippers touch the macbook itself at all? What's the overall thickness?

11. katy macrumors member

Tucano have released sleeves for the Macbook but not Crumpler...thought they should have them soon.

12. ljump12 thread starter macrumors 6502

I can tell you that the zippers dont touch the macbook; becuase of a lip that seems to protect the sides (you can see it in the pictures) and the zippers seem realllly nice, they slide real easy and have nice rubber hold things.

13. Brandon Chapman macrumors newbie

I just won this case. I don't even have a macbook yet. But at this price ($24 shipped) you cant go wrong.

14. REDSRT4 macrumors regular

That case looks sweet I am about to get one myself!

15. citi macrumors 65816

citi

It's a nice sleeve BUT that thing has STEAL ME written all over it. I don't want to advertise my notebook that much. I like bags that say incase, or tumi. Nobody knows what inside them until I take them out...in my hands.

16. brbubba macrumors 6502

brbubba

Tucano has one listed on their website, I am sure you can order online somewhere. I got my macbook the second day so I had little choice and went with the older 15" one. Its slightly loose but fits just fine for my tastes.

17. lucab1982 macrumors member

I have just bought a Tucano second skin for my MacBook along with another battery in Ginza, Tokyo. The Tucano is slightly more pricey than the bootlegs and Incase but the design is far nicer.

Tucano and Incase sleeves should be available in the apple stores now.

lucab1982

18. asxtb macrumors 6502

I have a case like that for my iBook. It is a Zeroshock by Bump 'n Bang Protective Gear. Got my at a store in Tokyo for about $15 though it doesn't have the Apple logo.

The only problem is in the winter the case loses its sponginess and gets really hard.

19. .iSwitch macrumors newbie

like the logo in the center

Nice case! I like the apple logo in the center. I'm not a big fan of the thick white stripe going all around the case though. I got myself one of the Tucano sleeves for the MacBook not too long ago. I've got some pictures and thoughts on it over at The Apple Files.

I also like the sleeves from incase. One for the MacBook has recently hit the apple store (at least in the UK) in blue.

20. bbrosemer macrumors 6502a

bbrosemer

I am pretty sure that it is just a "ZeroShock" sleeve with the logo scrapped of and an apple logo painted on...

21. bbrosemer macrumors 6502a

bbrosemer

Actually I am positive that is what it is becasue I have one for my 17'' MBP and it works great if anyone was wondering...

22. joepunk macrumors 68030

joepunk

After looking at your sleeve I have decided that I am going to have to screen print the Apple logo onto mine. Or atleast do something different. Getting tired of looking at a plain grey case.

23. AndyR macrumors 6502a

AndyR

The Crumpler "The Gimp" 14" iBook sleeve fits the Macbook perfect on the width but has about a 2cm gap on the depth. Still it holds it pretty good and I'm more than happy with it.

24. Star Destroyer macrumors 6502

bump...
    How is this sleeve working out for you after some time? No scratches or problems with it?

Is it really impact resistant like teh zero shock?
    I am thinking of getting one because this looks like the only slim impact resistant, scratch resistant sleeve out there...

or is there another? all the ones i have seen have been more like bags, less like sleeves..

25. drewyboy macrumors 6502a

ZeroShock

Ya it's a ZeroShock. I have one of my own for my iBook and I absolutely love it. It protects very very well, and with that I put in my side bag or back pack and it keeps it super safe. There have been some times where something inside will press into it and would have scratched/cracked the plastic, but cuz of the case it was safe!