pics of my new Mac Pro are up... X1900XT, RAID and all..

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by UnixMac, Sep 7, 2006.

1. UnixMac macrumors 6502

UnixMac

Took all day to set it up, and re-format the Raptor for OS, shift drives around, add 2 512's, create a RAID0, migrate all my crap from the G5.. but it was worth it!

Learned a lot today on how to do it.. anyone wants tips, I'm full of wisdom!

http://web.mac.com/sjsamaha/iWeb/Site/Mac Family.html

2. Fuzzy Orange macrumors 6502

Fuzzy Orange

3. UnixMac thread starter macrumors 6502

UnixMac

They're addicting unfortunately.. ;)

4. kered22 macrumors 6502

kered22

Beautiful setup. :) It ain't fair you ordered the same day as me. :( LOL

5. AJ Muni macrumors 65816

AJ Muni

WOW thats a real nice setup..did it all arrive on the same day?

6. pknz macrumors 68020

pknz

7. kered22 macrumors 6502

kered22

Hey UnixMac, on those two 500GB drives, it looks like there is some kind of big Apple logo on them in. Is that a sticker of some kind? It's in that pic labelled "1 is a Raptor, 2 is a 250GB, 3&4 are 500’s set in a RAID".

8. ^squirrel^ macrumors 6502a

^squirrel^

Now thats what you call a premium setup!!!!!

What size is the smaller ACD?

9. NATO macrumors 68000

NATO

That'll be a drive supplied by Apple, my Western Digital drive has the same Apple logo on it, it's put there by Western Digital before they ship the drives to Apple who put them in the machines.

10. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

ridiculously amazing setup! FYI, your page doesn't work in camino (can't start slideshow or see big versions of pics, some text is grey on grey). Is that true of all .mac pages?

11. kered22 macrumors 6502

kered22

Yeah I posted the same question over at the macnn forums, UnixMac just stuck the two Apple sitckers that come with the MacPro on the drives. :D When I first saw that, I was like "whoah, that's some really interesting OEM labelling Apples doing now". LOL

12. kered22 macrumors 6502

kered22

Hmm.. works fine for me in Camino, what version are you running? I'm running the 1.0.2 UB on a Core Duo Mini.

13. Fearless Leader macrumors 68020

wow.
    how can you afford that. why do you need so much apple goodness? Thats a pretty sick set up.

14. Jamesw macrumors member

Are you willing to adopt? PM if you are :D . I see you have the 30" there but the other one, tis a 20" or a 23"? Thanks. James.

15. UnixMac thread starter macrumors 6502

UnixMac

AJ: No, I got the Monitor almost right away, the HD's and OWC RAM after two days, and the Pro in 3 weeks..

Kered22: Those are my two "Freebie" Apple stickers.. Had to find a spot for them! :D

^squrril^: the "smaller" one is a 23"

NATO: I didn't know WD did that.. cool.. As I said above however, mine are added by me, those are 500GB Hitatchi/IBM Deskstars (16MB Buffer) that I got form OWC.

QCassidy352: I use Safari and Firefox only.. works fine, try this link: http://web.mac.com/sjsamaha/iWeb/Site/Mac Family.html

Rokem: I can't! :D No seriously, I get a good tax break for my wife being a part time pro-photographer, and in my income bracket the 5 year depreciation helps a good bit at tax time. ;)

Jamesw.. I've got a 5 and 3 year old.. you'd have to baby sit all the time! ;)