Pics of our AppleStore

Discussion in 'Community' started by Backtothemac, Nov 1, 2002.

1. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Here are some pics of our AppleStore. Things have been going well, but not as great as I had hoped. We will stick it through though. Sorry I have not been around as much lately, but it has taken over my life.

Take care all.

http://homepage.mac.com/generalcybernetics/Menu2.html

2. cubist macrumors 68020

Nice displays...

... attractive, not off-putting or sterile. Good people will make a big difference too. Wish you great success!

3. pantagruel macrumors regular

Looks kind of cluttered, but I sure wish we had one of those stores in our mall. Hope it does well for you, but how do people buy from you, is it like a make an order for a mac thing?

4. wsteineker macrumors 6502a

wsteineker

Cool!

Sweet! I had no idea that you were opening up a storefront in Tuscaloosa, man. It's a lot closer to Montgomery than the Apple Store in Atlanta. This is AWESOME! I'll be sure to stop by after the next notebook rev. and see what I'm buying before I spend my cash. I guess this means I can purchase from you, too. Too cool, B2TM. Too cool. Too cool.

5. ryme4reson macrumors 6502

Just be honest to yuor customers

A PIV 3 GIG is going to be faster than your 800MHZ iMac. I remember your fight till the end in the processor thread, just be honest to your customers and maybe yourself first. Honesty is how you will gain return customers. Good Luck

6. Backtothemac thread starter macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Re: Just be honest to yuor customers

Well to answer the other guy we accept Visa M/c and the Apple loan. ;)

Ryme4reson, I don't compare Macs to PC's here. I sell them based on what makes them great. The apps, and the OS. At some things the Mac is faster, and the PC is faster at some things.

That is what I tell people.

7. wsteineker macrumors 6502a

wsteineker

What...

You don't take cash? Well that certainly sucks. :)

8. britboy macrumors 68030

britboy

Who wouldn't give their left arm to have a setup like on that central desk for their home? ;)

I sure hope the business picks up for you chuck. Independant mac retailers are far too thin on the ground for my liking. Good luck!

9. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

What are the employees like at your store? The employees at the Orlando store are quite clueless, except the ones at the Genius Bar. Just wondering!!!

JW

10. Backtothemac thread starter macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Well,
    We do take cash. Sales will pick up around Christmas.

Also, I consider myself a genius. David, is a very good sales person, and just bought his first Mac, so he is a switcher, and can relate to Windows people well. I handle the Mac users who already know Apple. Sam Jackson (yep that is his real name :) ) he is learning both the systems and how to sell them.

So, I have a good staff.

Thanks for the support guys.

11. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

That's friggin awesome b2tm! And its good to have you posting again!

I know I'd end stopping at a store like that - its almost too tempting not to stop. Hope the sales are good.

D

12. job macrumors 68040

job

13. spinner macrumors regular

That's a great setup!! Its to bad our mall doesn't have a setup like that. :( I wish you the best of luck in your venture. When the time comes you will have my business! :D

14. dricci macrumors 6502a

That's a pretty nice setup... I'd put that eMac on a stand, though :D

15. medea macrumors 68030

medea

Good to see more independent apple sellers out there and I hope you do well with it back2themac. Do you know in advance when a new product is going to be released though?;) Well good luck.

16. vniow macrumors G4

I like it, keeps it simple and minimalistic.
    Don't like all the wires showing, it looks a bit tacky, but other than that, it's pretty well organized.[​IMG]

17. Backtothemac thread starter macrumors 601

Backtothemac

MrsBacktothemac is working on a small divider that will hide all of the wires. Once that is done, then it will all look very good.

Thanks for the support everyone!

18. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

congrats B2TM!!

that's is so awesome to see all of your hard work paying off like this man...keep it up! :D

got a quick question though...why not the logo from your website for the store sign? I cannot help but to say this, but there is something about branding when it comes to a coroporate identity... ;)

19. irmongoose macrumors 68030

irmongoose

Great cozy setup.. would be cool if you could put a 22 or 23 inch screen instead of the 15 inch.. it does look like you have room....

When did you open? How many machines have you sold from the store now?

irmongoose

20. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Re: congrats B2TM!!

Absolutely, you should get kinkos to print you up a poster sized version, 18"x72" and mount it on foamcore or something sturdy. Maybe rounded edges so it doesn't look like a poster but more like a sign. The artwork that was done for the logo was vector art, just the background would need to be redone in Illustrator or Freehand, quite simple.

D

21. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

Me = Mad :mad: . APple has a store in Tuscaloosa Alabama, and not Austin Texas?!?!?!? Austin is the perfect city for an apple store. If it was on UT campus/the drag, I could only imagine how much business they would get. All the college students at UT would rush to get an iBook, or a tiBook for that matter. Well maybe not all of them, but a lot ;) .

22. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

Re: Re: congrats B2TM!!

yes indeed...I'd be happy to provide it for u...I have the artwork still ;)

23. Backtothemac thread starter macrumors 601

Backtothemac

The mall regulates the sign on the cart, we do however have the logo that Eye made on all of the desktops. It looks good. it is the aqua background with the GC logo that he made on it.

We have sold about 12 systems out of the mall. Online is the key, and it has been slow.

24. Chisholm macrumors regular

Chisholm

WOW!! COOL!!! I saw your post and didn't even bother to look at the pictures....ran in the other room and grabbed my wife and said "we're going to the mall" (which I've never said!) and we took off. I was practically jogging down the Parisian's wing looking for the store. Couldn't find it. My wife suggested we ask someone at Babbages. So I did. The sales girl told me where it was I went off jogging again.

Ha!! It's cool man! Good luck with it, I know the mall charges a pretty penny for those little kiosks (tried to rent one myself to do a computer thing 5 years ago or so). Let me know if you need any extra sales help during the rush. I'd love to help the cause!

cheers!
    -john;)

25. big macrumors 65816

big

KOOL! I could almost make it if I didn't care to drive from Huntsville!

Good Luck!