Pics of the DS Lite

Discussion in 'Games' started by mkaake, Feb 8, 2006.

1. mkaake macrumors 65816

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Yup! iBook! right down to the aerials on the top lid! (or is that a PowerBook only thing?)

looks great :) but... wheres the power switch? I was thinking it'd be on the underside. hmm. this is mad! it looks a bit dull though. like the photo was taken by a kids grandma. perhaps. still its the 2nd most beautiful handheld I've seen yet. 1st would be the Micro. to me.

Stylus on the side will confuse me though. i'm way to used to it being on the top.

Still not getting one for a long time though :) im going to beat the crap out of my original DS first. then pretty it up with Satan Sam and Apple stickers.

4. dan-o-mac macrumors 6502a

dan-o-mac

9. I don't know about you, but it looks kind of dirty? What's with the off-white color? On last picture on the bottom shows about 3 different shades of white for different parts of the device. Man I hope that gets fixed before they release this sucker.

I gotta agree with comment no. 9, these are terrible pictures.

5. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

It's a prototype design. Apparently. I've seen a few companies to similar things to save money. this medical application centre I did a bit of work for once had a these new mini fridges in prototype form. just used for patent purposes. their final design changed slightly though. with this DS Lite I just imagine the material to improve. the dark lighting doesn't help either.

6. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

It's lovelyful but didn't it have clear buttons like the REV. i know this might not be the original but the one that looks like the REV is hot.

Bless

7. takao macrumors 68040

takao

it's pretty clear that those are prototype pictures.. after all on the bottom it still has the normal "nintendo DS" writing without mentioning "lite" ;)

8. HiRez macrumors 603

HiRez

Wow, I sure hope that's not the real thing, it looks terrible IMO! Yes, it does look dirty and actually looks very cheap, like something you would buy in a bargain bin. The gap tolerances in particular look very shoddy. Yuck! Quite a letdown from what I was expecting but I'll wait to see some more photos...hopefully it'll look sleek and sexy in the end.

9. killuminati macrumors 68020

killuminati

I don't know anything about videogames or game systems but that thing is hideous!!! Most of my friends have the DS and it's waaaay nicer than that thing.

10. kineticpast macrumors member

As most people guessed, the original photos were very poorly lit, but since Engadget decided to cut out the backgrounds no one had a point of reference.

I found the originals and have very quickly colour corrected (I only auto-leveled and coloured, couldn't be bothered playing any longer!).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Here is the long-lost power button. ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    This last image reveals that this is still only a prototype, no DS Lite logo and the Nintendo logo is back to front.

11. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

See comment 42.

12. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Just like the mini fridge i did a spot of work with!

Its amazing how bad prototypes are. its even more amazing how companies try and keep them covered up and deny all knowledge of their existence :D

I love the new design though. the stylus in the side, the power button more like an old Digital Camera 'switch' button, the smaller size and simpler look. thats what was worrying me the most, if they're making the damn thing smaller how much smaller will the new stylus be! side=it works. it'd like a heavier and longer stylus as standard though. maybe i'm too used to my Pocket PC.

13. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

oh DEAR! is that a new power cable port? damn. no importing US DS Lite for me. I'm using my SP plug to run my DS at the moment.

... Is that a GB Micro power port clone? :eek:

14. Sutekidane macrumors 6502a

Sutekidane

I guess I'm the only one who isn't impressed. Typical nintendo "re-styling" their portables to cash in on people wanting to "upgrade." There's really no reason that the DS couldn't have looked like this from the beginning.

15. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

I think that's the the GB Micro port.

DS and GBA SP share a plug. DS Lite and Micro share a plug. Makes sense.

BTW, anyone remember the XBox 360 controller prototype? It was HORRIBLE!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. ZildjianKX macrumors 68000

ZildjianKX

Did the original DS have the headphone data port thing?

17. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

It looks really nic ebut it will definatly be sharpened up for the final release....Anyword on its UK or US release date yet?

SHadoW

18. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

yup. for an external microphone I believe. headset use and that.