Pics of your Workstation/Desk and Chair or other furniture

Discussion in 'Picture Gallery' started by splashnader, Apr 20, 2010.

1. macrumors 6502a

splashnader

I know that it is not customary to start a thread without yourself having a picture to contribute, but there is not a seperate Workstation or Furniture realted forum, so I decided to simply post a thread on the Gallery section.

I would like to purchase and setup my own workstation amd was intersted in what others on the forum have bought and setup for their workstations, including, computer desks, hutches, bookshelves and chairs.

2. macrumors member

ShaneRounce

I have the Cobham Mesh Executive Chair
    It's a little on the pricey side at about £160 but it's hella comfy. :)

[​IMG]

3. thread starter macrumors 6502a

splashnader

That is a nice chair. I also like the fact that it looks like it's multi-adjustable, which is what I am looking for.

4. macrumors 68030

Bought a HAG Capiso 8107 in black nappa leather a year ago.
    I know it looks really awkward, but it is the best I've ever sat on!
    A little pricy (about 1000€+ in europe) but worth the money for people who have to sit the whole day at their desk.

[​IMG]

Desk? Ikea :p Imo there is no reason to invest really much into a desk, as long as it fits your size, there isn't even a reason for it being hight adjustable.

5. macrumors 6502a

Captain Planet

Wow... I've never seen a chair like that before. It's so weird it looks cool. I bet it sits really well though.

6. macrumors member

ShaneRounce

Yeah, the tilt on it can be insanely comfy if you have it all the way back, especially for gaming. It's even comfy enough to sleep in. :)

7. macrumors 6502a

[​IMG]

This is mine. It's a custom made one I did. Based on a Cobra Clubman car seat.

8. thread starter macrumors 6502a

splashnader

Nice.

9. macrumors 65816

macgeek18

You guys don't even want to see mine.:eek:

Some times I get so tired of the crappy chair and desk I sit on the couch for a few days instead.

10. macrumors 6502a

theITGuy

Attached Files:

11. macrumors member

spekulanten

:

Attached Files:

12. macrumors 6502

13. macrumors regular

It works for me :p

[​IMG]

14. thread starter macrumors 6502a

splashnader

That is probably closer to what I am looking for. I like that design the best. I may have to stop by Office Depot or something so I can sit in one first just to make sure the back is high enough for me.

15. macrumors 6502a

CJS7070

[​IMG]

Aeron!

16. macrumors 68030

RaceTripper

+1
    Herman Miller Aeron is the only way to drive. Got mine in nearly new condition on Craigslist for $350. It would have been $1200+ new.

17. macrumors 6502

Aeron chairs are not comfortable at all. They are only for look.

18. macrumors 68030

RaceTripper

I beg to differ. I have lower back problems, and I was never comfortable working in my home office until I finally sprung for an Aeron. Wish my workplace had them, because I never have any discomfort sitting in my Aeron all day. They take getting used to, because they feel different than a normal chair.

If you are uncomfortable sitting in an Aeron, then you likely didn't get it properly adjusted for you. Did you try reading through the manual about the adjustments (it can be downloaded). It's worth taking some time to get them right for you.

19. macrumors 6502a

KeriJane

I've got a RealSpace Soho mesh back chair from Office Depot.

It's very comfortable, though not for bare legs... definitely not shorts-friendly unless you put a towel on it.

It's got an odd, geared back recliner. When you lean back, the back goes about twice as far as the seat bottom. An odd but very comfortable arrangement.

Have Fun,
    Keri

Attached Files:

20. macrumors 6502

Tell me one thing, how did his aeron chair made your back more comfortable? I think you are just following the bandwagon. Aeron chair does not improve your back in any certain ways.

21. macrumors 6502

I have the Aeron as well. I can tell you first hand its a great chair. I don't think he was saying it improved his back - I think he is saying unlike other chairs it didn't agitate his back. After sitting on a foam/cardboard chair (that is still very expensive) all day at work, I can appreciate the fact that the pellicle weave doesn't have any pressure points. Sort of like a tempurpedic (sp?) mattress, it supports you all over. I don't think its a bandwagon. Its a well built superior chair. No rattles, solid construction, comfortable, and adjustments galore. All hallmarks of a great chair. Nuff said...

Oh and in the spirit of the thread, here is a (not so stellar) iphone pic of mine. Aeron, Tuxedo Pellicle, Fully Adjustable model.

Attached Files:

22. macrumors 68030

RaceTripper

I don't care how it does it. And I don't really care about your disbelief either, but I will answer your post.

When I sit in most office chairs my lower back hurts after a few hours. I do not have that problem with the Aeron. I have the same problem with cars. With most cars drivers seats my back hurts after a couple hours driving. With my last two cars they don't.

And to address your final comment, who said it improves your back. I didn't.

23. macrumors 601

ayeying

That's what I have. I replace it every 12 months because it falls apart :(

24. macrumors 6502

I think I would say the same thing if I spent $>350 more on this chair. This does doesn't prevent you from back pain or help in any way. It looks nice and that's about it.

25. macrumors 68030

RaceTripper

You made that that point before. You're just being a troll. :rolleyes: