pics on CD for DVD player

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by doddy1, Jan 29, 2005.

1. doddy1 macrumors newbie

Jan 29, 2005
    I have an iMac dv, rather old, which I have been happily using for about 5 years, without updating anything. I have a Yamaha CD burner & use Toast Titanium with it. The CD's I create of jpg pics look blurry when played on a DVD player. What should I be doing that I am not? Do I need different software, or specific file sizes? If you are kind enough to reply, please don't get too technical.
  2. Lacero macrumors 604

Jan 20, 2005
    This may seem odd, but in Photoshop, crop your JPEGs down to 720x540. Anything lower or higher res than this will either cause the image to look coarse or too finely detailed than it causes interlace flicker. Once your image is cropped to 720x540, resize your image to 720x480 and make sure to turn off the "keep proportional" setting. The reason you need to resize to 720x480, is because TV pixels are slightly thinner vertically. It all has to do with pixel aspect ratios.
  3. ftaok macrumors 601

Jan 23, 2002
    East Coast
    In addition to Lacero's post, I'd like to suggest that the pictures are fuzzy because the TV doesn't have the resolution necessary to display photos. Also, the TV is interlaced, so with a still shot, the picture will sort of "jiggle".

Is this what you mean by fuzzy?