Picture from new D50

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Jason_Bryan, Feb 24, 2006.

1. macrumors regular

Well I got chance to go out this afternoon to use my new Nikon D50. Over 100 shots taken, just one I really like, I am so lucky to live where I do.

Attached Files:

2. macrumors 6502

Very nice looking. Did you try and do a panorama by stitching shots together so you have a high res version of this shot? Lucky you live with views like that. I'm jealous.

3. thread starter macrumors regular

I didn't think to take shots that I could stitch but I will keep it in mind next time I am out there. I am just starting to get back into photography and playing with the camera to learn it's features.

4. macrumors 6502

Well have fun with it and get ready to spend a lot of money...stupid lenses...do they really have to be so expensive? All they are is glass and metal...man.

5. macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Yes, but don't buy any lenses yet. Wait until you have shot with what you have for a long time first (not 1 month, but more like 4-6 months just to give you some time to see your needs and think about). I know you wanna rush out there and buy a 12-24 mm, or an 18-200mm VR-II lens, but wait. Each of these lenses will set you back around 500 quid or so. :eek:

6. thread starter macrumors regular

I have no intention of buying any more lenses. I went through that in my teens when I was really keen. I think one of the reasons I got bored with the whole photography thing was I had to much kit. I only bought a DSLR because of the higher quality of the lens the manual controls and the speed of the lens. I really believe it is not the kit but the person behind the lens that takes the good shots. So I take full responsibility for my lack of quality pics :eek:

7. macrumors G4

You are absolutly right. To many people have more money than skill. You can spot them from a long ways off.

I always say the next thing to buy is a good heavy duty tripod. Not only will it make you image much sharper but it forces the photographer to think. You set up the shot then look tweek it a bit, lokk tweek and so on and then press the release,

8. macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (VA)
    Soooo true! A tripod is an invaluable tool and while yes, it can be a bit of a nuisance at times, the results that one can get from using a tripod can make all the difference between an "OK" shot and a great shot.