Picture Ripper/Download?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ampd, Sep 13, 2006.

1. ampd macrumors regular

ampd

I am looking for an application that when given a website it rips/downloads all the pictures of a certain size or type. Anyone knows an app that does this?

2. ampd thread starter macrumors regular

ampd

3. ChrisBrightwell macrumors 68020

ChrisBrightwell

4. ampd thread starter macrumors regular

ampd

see automator would be great to use but i cant seem to get it to progress through links to get to the higher quality, non thumbnail, pictures...

the site im trying to get all the pictures off of is skins.be which is a big task...

5. j26 macrumors 65832

j26

There's an extension in FireFox called DownThemAll. it filters the links according to what you want (pics, video, mp3, whatever)

It should help you.

6. ampd thread starter macrumors regular

ampd

I was thinking more along the lines of a stand alone program that would automatically traverse through the whole site structure and download only certain file types and sizes...I used to use a program like this under windows and would like to find one to do the same under os x

7. Sayer macrumors 6502a

Sayer

8. ampd thread starter macrumors regular

ampd

have you used deepvacuum to try to download www.skins.be, if so can you explain to me how you made the program download only images of a certain size...?

9. ampd thread starter macrumors regular

ampd

and I tried using automator and this would work however im unable to loop through the necessary range of urls to grab all the images...

like for a specific celebrity/model the format of the link where the images are store is

http://www.skins.be/wallpaper/name/number/resolution/

and i need the number to loop and try each link ranging from 1 - 40000 and if it fails on a certain link, continue on to the next...anyone know how to do this with automator or maybe and applescript combined with automator?

10. ampd thread starter macrumors regular

ampd

anyone recently rip the entire skins.be site...im really interested in knowing how to do this...

11. ampd thread starter macrumors regular

ampd

12. reubs macrumors 68000

Ampd...I'm betting the reason you havent' gotten a response is b/c there doesn't appear to be any real easy way to do that. I was checking out some of the movie wallpaper (would love to get that Spider-Man 3 WP in 1280x800), and I can't tell anyway to get automator to do that (or even any of the other suggestions on here).

13. ampd thread starter macrumors regular

ampd

After some time playing with automator i actually produced a working workflow which acomplishes this to a degree...so im happy...

14. reubs macrumors 68000

Could you share that Automator workflow? I'm looking for something that will pick up files about two clicks away (or two links deep). have you figured out how to do that?