Picture Txt MSG not working on iPhone 3G

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by SskillzX, Jan 3, 2010.

1. macrumors newbie

Hello.
    I just received an iPhone from my friend today which I unlocked so that I could use on my T-mobile phone. Well everything works fine besides the fact that I can't sent picture text messages. I'm using a 3G 8GB iPhone with a firmware of 3.1.2. Does anyone know what the problem is?

2. macrumors member

"I can't sent picture text messages".
    Poor grammar aside, what does this mean? What error are you getting? What do you see on the screen? Etc?

Without knowing the sympom, two things already some to mind:

1. Have you added MMS capability to your T-Mobile account? If no, call 611 to talk to T-Mobile support.
    2. Have you properly configured the iPhone for data and MMS service? http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Carrier_APN_Settings#T-Mobile

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm oh so sorry. Didn't think class started this late. If you still want to help a poorly educated scum like me, then here is what I am experiencing. There is no picture message symbol that would usually appear next to the text box near the sent button is not there.

4. macrumors member

In "Settings > Messages",

1) Does you iPhone have the option to turn MMS messaging on/off? (as seen in example below)?
    [​IMG]

2) If yes, is this option currently turned on (as seen above)? If MMS is turned off, this will cause the symptom you described (no camera icon across from the send button).

5. macrumors regular

you would have to manually set the t-mobile APN for MMS in settings >general> network>cellular data

google t-mobile MMS settings for iphone.

don't forget to restart your iphone after you are done

6. thread starter macrumors newbie

Nope, only options are Show Preview and Repeat Alert.

7. thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank You zunairryk! it now works. atleast we got someone who knows what hes talking about.

8. macrumors regular

not a problem :) Glad it worked for you :D

9. macrumors newbie

Ok I did all this and the message is failing to send..any know why??

10. macrumors member

Oh, You are really a expert. Thanks for your answer.