Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skywalkerr69

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 21, 2011
New York
Hi All,

Had my 42mm SS watch for a while now and loving it. Any who, I really want to use a photo as my watch face. However, the watch face I use now is the 'simple' one and I really like having the little icons on it. I have the moon phase, activity rings, temp, and sunrise / sunset. Anyway if adding those to the watch face with the photo on it?

Or maybe an app that does it? Thanks so much!

Best.

hovscorpion12

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2011
USA
Force touch the watch face and scroll to the third row. From their you will have to option to show battery life, activity ring, temp…etc

BarracksSi

Suspended
Jul 14, 2015
I've seen mention of an app which uses whatever you want as the face, even with custom hands, but I don't think it'll run any complications.

skywalkerr69

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 21, 2011
New York
Force touch the watch face and scroll to the third row. From their you will have to option to show battery life, activity ring, temp…etc

I tried that. That only thing that happens when I swipe is switching the photo around. I wanted to use a photo from my iPhone, not one of the pre wallpaper ones from Apple.
[doublepost=1455049171][/doublepost]
I've seen mention of an app which uses whatever you want as the face, even with custom hands, but I don't think it'll run any complications.

That's too bad, it seems so simple just to be able to add them. I am no tech expert but I wish I was able to do this!

hovscorpion12

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2011
USA
Oh. Ok. On your iPhone create an album called Apple Watch or whichever and then go into your Watch app into photos. From there you can sync that album to your Apple Watch. Once the Album had been synced press the Digital Crown and click the photos app. You will now see all your photos chosen for your Watch. Force touch any image and it will say make watch face.

skywalkerr69

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 21, 2011
New York
Ok that worked but how do I add all things that come with the other watch faces? For example, I want the moon phase, activity ring, temperature and sunrise / sunset on the photo that I chose. I don't see a way to do that just yet.

chuyn

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2015
Ok that worked but how do I add all things that come with the other watch faces? For example, I want the moon phase, activity ring, temperature and sunrise / sunset on the photo that I chose. I don't see a way to do that just yet.
Unfortunately, you can't. None of the photo watch faces have the option to add complications

BarracksSi

Suspended
Jul 14, 2015
There isn't an option, at least not yet.

Personally, I don't mind, because I already have to be picky about photos so they don't interfere too badly with the simple digital clock.

skywalkerr69

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 21, 2011
New York
There isn't an option, at least not yet.

Personally, I don't mind, because I already have to be picky about photos so they don't interfere too badly with the simple digital clock.

Thanks for your help. That is very disappointing, it seems so simple to me for them to add the option.

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Thanks for your help. That is very disappointing, it seems so simple to me for them to add the option.

I don't think it wasn't added because of any technical reason. It was probably because depending on how "busy" the photo someone picked it would totally drown out being able to see the complications.

I've seen some pretty atrocious wallpapers on people phones that completely drown out app icons. I could only imagine it would be a lot easier to happen on such a small screen to a few tiny complications.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.