Pictures for friends

Discussion in 'Community' started by Tomaz, May 9, 2005.

1. Tomaz macrumors 6502

Hello everyone

I have digicam pictures form last weekend with my friends. It's a total of about 100MB. I wanted to upload them on some server and send them the link so that they could download them. Now, I have a trial .MAC account and a yahoo account, both allow posting of pics, but only 25-30MB each. So does anyone know a good service that would host these pictures (or as a zip file) for a few days so my friends can download them. I tried looking for free web space on google, but didn't really like the links I got (they just didn't look like homepage where I would like to enter my email adress, or upload personal data).
    Anyone any suggestions?
    Thanks a lot
    Tom

2. Tomaz thread starter macrumors 6502

3. FadeToBlack macrumors 68000

FadeToBlack

4. absolut_mac macrumors 6502a

absolut_mac

Like most free pic hosting sites these days, Yahoo do not allow *hot-linking* of pics hosted on their servers to other sites

5. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

why not send it through AIM/AOL, slow but it might work. Or what about creating a idisk on your .mac account.... is there a limit on that, once they download the file, you can delete the page....

6. FadeToBlack macrumors 68000

FadeToBlack

Damn, I was hoping that they did, especially since they have no limit on how much you can store now. I use ImageCave and my Charter account for hosting, though. I was just wanting more space. :cool:

7. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract