Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheFirst

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 21, 2004
Could this be?

The new G5 iMac?

imac.jpg

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Care to explain? Where did you get/find this photo? Why is it on a Kate Winslet fan forum site? Are you connected with that site?

dragula53

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2003
custom imac

I don't remember where I saw it.

somebody fabricated this, took the guts of their imac? or some other G4, and then painted it white. I think.

In other words, not produced by apple.

slooksterPSV

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2004
Nowheresville
Someone a while ago posted modded cases and thats what they did is they made their own case and took the guts of an iMac G4 and put it in there. That is the picture they have of it. That is not the real iMac G5 besides I thought the iMacs are supposed to have that bar that bends with the monitor connecting it? I mean the older iMacs are now known as eMacs (well the newer ones at least).

Savage Henry

macrumors 65816
Well, he's got me convinced.

But then I do live in an environment without emotional stimuli and tend to believe anything anyone tells me in the hope that one day society may forget about the past and accept me once again.

So congrats to TheFirst and long may his authentic ground breaking scoops continue to amaze the world.

:D

DarkNovaMatter

macrumors member
Aug 3, 2001
I doubt its a G5 iMac- looks too much like a tower. Also I have seen many people (cube community too) that have made their own custom case to put their parts into.

Koodauw

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2003
Madison
Yeah, not an iMac G5. Would Apple really move away form the all inone design on the iMac? I doubt that they would. And also, that thing was just a mini G5 tower. Apple would not introduce a mini tower and call it an iMac. It would be a great disjustice. Now if it were a G5 cube, that would be totally different, but its not going to happen.

PowermacG5

macrumors regular
Jul 24, 2003
Grand Rapids, MI
Wow that guy is a badass no matter what apple actualy does. Who does he work for? (it probably said but im to lazy to read) I could of never fathomed that anyone could come close to making something that perfect
in their house. Im looking at my G5 in a new way now. wondering how it was made.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.