Piece of Junk!

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by stubeeef, Mar 27, 2005.

1. stubeeef macrumors 68030

Aug 10, 2004
    went and bought a "cool pad" wanna be (targus) from worstbuy, and it is crap, 7 days later it sounds like it is chewing gravel-and never really dropped my 12" temp more than 2-3 degrees.

If you are looking at getting one steer clear.
  2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

Jan 6, 2004
    that sux, i have a "Podium Pad" which elevates my powerbook, doesnt do too much to cool it off seeing as there are no fans, but its better than nothing, better for view it though, and it rotates, which is handy
  3. Lacero macrumors 604

Jan 20, 2005
    Apple already engineers their PBs to dissipate heat effectively on any solid surface. No need to waste money on those type of "cool pads". And 2-3 degree temperature difference will not prolong the life of any laptop. If you really want to cool it down, open a few windows and drop the ambient temperature by 10 degrees.
  4. Bonsaichop macrumors member

Nov 7, 2004
    Wollongong, Australia

Only a half truth, by raising the laptop it allows the heat from under the unit to escape. Saying that, there's not going to be that much of a differnce unless you sit your powerbook on a block of ice (hmmmm :D ). The best thing to do is just to raise it, or even cheaper, goto <insert your favourite general merchandise store> and get rubber feet, they only need to be 1/4 or 1/2 inch thick and put 2 of those at the back of your tibook. Because they'll come in a pack of 12 or so it doesnt matter if they fall off, just slap another one on.
  5. daveL macrumors 68020

Jun 18, 2003
    Stubeef ... steer clear ... I get it! :0

Anyway, I fold 24x7 on my TiBook 1 GHz and have done so for at least 18 months. I don't use any special cooling solution, and I have never had a problem. What problem are you trying to solve?
  6. superbovine macrumors 68030

Nov 7, 2003
    laptop no, but prolong battery life... YES.

7. Mord macrumors G4

Aug 24, 2003
    if it's sitting on your desk then it may as well be pluged in :rolleyes:

though i always wandered why my ibook overclocked so well and the battery life is so good, i keep my house at a cool 10-15 degrees, i like the cold.

(btw my ibook is at 700MHz from 600MHz and the gpu is overclocked 50% on the core and 15% on the memory :eek:.)