Pierce Morgan OWNED by Ted Nugent

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Squadleader, Feb 5, 2013.

1. macrumors regular

2. Guest

eric/

I'm not a big fan of Piers Morgan. I watched a couple of his shows and was disappointed. But to be fair, he's not that much worse than all of these other political pundits.

The real problem is that he's a crook, and a scammer.

3. macrumors Penryn

rdowns

You guys must really feel you're losing the debate when you trot out noted blowhard Piers Morgan getting "owned" by the draft-dodging, pedophile, NRA board member Ted Nugent.

4. macrumors G5

yg17

Before anyone takes him seriously, this is the same Ted Nugent that **** in his pants for a week to avoid being drafted during Vietnam.

Also waiting for him to make good on his promise to be dead or in jail if Barack Obama got re-elected.

5. macrumors 65816

citizenzen

Nugent — "78 out of 80 people killed by firearms are ex-convicts released early from prison by liberal judges."

Ummm ... source please?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

6. zioxide, Feb 5, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2013

macrumors 603

Ted Nugent is about intelligent as the dump I took this morning.

They let someone this delusional, stupid, and ignorant own firearms? No wonder America is so screwed.

edit- And I don't think you can call this "owned". Some blowhard yelling out their stupid, misinformed opinion is not an "owning".

If we want to take guns out of the hands of the mentally ill, start with this guy right here.

7. macrumors 601

Moyank24

It probably wasn't covered because, frankly, one a**hole out douching another a**hole is hardly news. And as much as I'd love to see Morgan go back to where he came from, I'd love even more for Nugent to follow him.

8. macrumors 603

thekev

Bah! I wanted to say that:mad:.

9. macrumors 68020

ugahairydawgs

[​IMG]

10. macrumors 68000

hulugu

Ah yes, a debate "colored" by who you want to win, rather than who's actually making a reasoned intelligent argument.

Looking at the clip, Nugent simply speaks more and louder, repeatedly interrupting Morgan to angrily make his points. Do you score for "Kiss my ass?"

Or, the diatribe about "liberal judges."

Morgan only gets to make one point, which is 18 people dead since...I don't know because Nugent interrupted him again.

There are two important points here. Does the prevalence of CCA licenses lower gun violence? This is under serious debate. Does the creation of gun bans increase violence? Again, highly debated. Nugent confuses correlation with causation.

11. macrumors G5

yg17

Unlike Ted, I hope you took said dump in a toilet.

12. macrumors G3

rhett7660

If you watch the original PM clip that took place right after the Sandy Hook incident on gun contorl, PM does the exact same thing that TN does. Talks louder and talks over people. I do not have access to youtube from where I am at, but I am sure there is someone here that can find the clip I am talking about.

Again, I am only commenting on the interrupting and talking over people.

13. macrumors 68000

hulugu

Sure. This isn't a defense of Morgan, who I think is a fatuous dimwit, but just an argument against the idea that talking louder and longer than the other guy means you've "owned" him.

I approve of Moyank's plan, though I think we should send them both to a deserted Pacific isle along with the members of Fox and Friends and a dozen other cable "news" shows.

Though the virulent mix of Nugent's survival skills and the dumb bunny newscasters could interbreed, creating the folks that chased Kevin Costner in Waterworld.

14. macrumors P6

Peace

Ted Nugent doesn't know what the words correlation and causation mean. You're giving him too much credit.

15. macrumors G3

rhett7660

Gotcha.. Ok. I completely agree and that was my point also on the original PM clip that I saw. You are correct, if you have to resort to name calling and talking louder or talking over someone you lost.

16. macrumors 65816

citizenzen

Nugent actually attempts to provide evidence. That part should be verifiable given that he even provides sources for it. He said that 97.5% of the people killed by firearms are ex-convicts let out of jail by liberal judges.

Okay. Let's run the numbers ...

Pierce Morgan cited 31,000 Americans killed by firearms, so he is including suicides. According to Nugent, that would mean that only 775 of out of those 31,000 did not involve ex-convicts.

But let's say that Nugent is only talking about murders.

In 2010 there were 11,078 firearm-related murders in the U.S.

Ted Nugent believes that only 277 of those 11,078 homicides did not involve ex-convicts.

The man is grievously misinformed or certifiably insane.

And maybe both.

17. macrumors 68000

Happybunny

Well after wasting 1:31 watching that video all I can say is,
    [​IMG]

you are two of the biggest losers out there, shouting at each other is not a debate. :(

18. macrumors 603

Yup. It would be better if I could take it on his face though. :D

Apparently it worked for Mitt Romney in that first debate a while back, at least according to the mediots.

19. macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Are you serious? This is, without a doubt, the funniest show on television.

20. macrumors 603

It would be funny if there weren't people in this country stupid enough to actually believe their nonsense.

21. macrumors 603

thekev

I really want to make a Superman II joke, but I can't find that clip on youtube.

22. PracticalMac, Feb 5, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2013

macrumors 68020

Pierce Morgan 2 (3?) Gun proponents 0

Pierce keeps inviting these extremists on his show who use endearing words similar to "A-holes" and poetic phrases like "over my dead body".
    His guests, and by extension everyone of the guests ilk, sound (and look) exactly like the crazies the gun proponents say should not have a gun.

Pierce is playing them perfectly. (edit: or he is by pure luck)

23. macrumors 6502

Actually those stories of draft dodging are unconfirmed...all based on comments he made to High Times in 1977, made a media sensation and publicity. Kind of like Ozzy, Manson, and Cooper tossing kittens into the audience. Never happened but lots of people still think it did. It has been shown that he had a 1Y student deferment because he was enrolled in Oakland CC believe it was.

I agree with a bunch of what Ted stands for, even met him once and got to shoot side by side with him after hours in a private range, but over the years he has gotten crazier and crazier in how he expresses himself. He is not stupid, in fact he is very intelligent, but these days he just seems nuts.

24. macrumors 603

I'm going to guess you're using some alternate definition for intelligence here.

25. macrumors 6502

I'm going to guess you are liberal and never have listened to any of the Ted stuff before he became crazy Ted.