Piercings and Tattoos

Discussion in 'Community' started by PlaceofDis, Jun 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

who here has 'em? two days ago i got another tattoo and piercing.

tattoos:
    i have a 5" x 5" Black sun on my back that i drew and i just got a ying-yang tattooed on my inner left wrist

piercings:
    i have my left ear lobe pierced, stretched to 12 gauge right now, planning on going to 6. i just got my labret pierced, i had it done previously, but took it out for various reasons, missed it a lot so i finally got it re-done.

i have also had my eyebrow pierced, two in my left cartilage and one in my right, and i have an second unstretched hold in my left lobe.

i am planning to add more tattoos and piercings this summer and in the near future. i plan on a shadow of a meditating figure on my back, a barcode, and perhaps the Japanese symbol for Chaos. not sure of the order of getting these but plan on the tattoos eventually. i also plan on piercing my nipples at the end of summer, stretching my ear a bit more too....

what do the members of MR have? pictures welcome as long as they are not xrated! LoL

2. joetronic macrumors 6502

I have a bike chain around my left calf. Both ears steched to 6, and nipples with a 10.

I plan on getting some more tatoos, but am not sure what I'll get.

ChromeGardens in Gettysburg is a great place. People from all ovet eh world come to get inked by Stacy. Linda is a good peicer too, and hot to boot.

3. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

1 pierce from almost 20 years ago. Long since took the earring out, but the hole is still there (and still open).

0 ink. Too *****. BUT, if I could stand it, this is what I'd get:

[​IMG]

4. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

just have both lobes and both traguses (tragi?) pierced. looking to get tattoos on the backs of my upper arms (triceps) in the not too distant future, but working on a design that i'd really really want...

5. bartelby macrumors Core

I have a couple of tattoos.
    Here's one of them (I'm stood at a slightly awkward angle, it is straight on my back)

Attached Files:

6. vouder17 macrumors 6502a

vouder17

I wanna get one with "your name" It would be a great pick up line ;)

7. Daveway macrumors 68040

Daveway

I'm not one for tattoos. :eek: I remember my dad telling me years ago that if I went out and got off-the-wall piercings and tattoos I wouldn't be allowed under his roof anymore. :eek:

I obviously come from a conservative family.

8. neildmitchell macrumors 6502a

neildmitchell

Both ears were pierced (lobes), still have the holes but closed.
    I wanted to get the webbing between my thumb and index finger pierced, but no one will pierce it, too risky could paralyze my hand or the piercing could get ripped out from snagging on something (and it probably would too knowing my luck). I tried to pierce the webbing myself once, I got the post in half way but couldnt get it through the palm side, skin too tough.
    Ink - no ink, probably never. Im all good with others who have ink, just not right for me. If I did, it would probably be something along the lines of a tribal sun.

Heres a great site Body Modification E-Zine

9. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Reads thread
    (shiver)
    Ummm....
    (thinks of needles)
    I don't think I.....
    (Runs screaming from room)
    Aaaaaaaaaaaa;;;;;::::::,,,,,,.......

10. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief

No piercings.

Kanji for "Compassion/Mercy" on my right upper chest, in the hollow where one would rest a head. The colour is Fatal Plus blue. I got it done after restraining a number of animals for my wife (an Animal Control Officer) for Euthanasia one particularly bad summer. We had the same tatoo done in the same session. Both of us restrain to the left shoulder. She said she trained me to help her because she could trust me to make that last couple of minutes compassionate for the critter and safe for her. I was deeply moved and decided that would be my first permanent "badge".

I'm currently working on the design for a second and third piece.

The second is a partial Jaguar face centered on the eyes for my back, the spots on the forehead will frame the Kanji for "Service/Samurai" at the base of my neck and the pupils will have subtle flames, as if reflected.

The image came to me in a very unexpected manner. I've had various culture's oracles run my numbers: Numerology, western Zodiac, Eastern Zodiac, etc. None of the resonated for me beyond a sort of superficial "Yeah, that sounds sorta generally accurate". Recently someone ran my numbers via a particularly interesting version of the Mayan calendar and my god.... It not only fit the usual superficial profile but specific fascinations I've always had but never thought about. As I was falling asleep that night I had a very clear image of this face on my back. I've been carefully building an image ever since.

I have chosen to become a Firefighter/Paramedic. Once I've hired onto an agency I'll get the third piece, which will be a Kanji reflecting that new path. I've yet to find the right single or double character, but there's lots of resources out there.

11. brap macrumors 68000

I have the TDP logo below, on my arm. No text, of course...

[​IMG]

Curious, I don't have any photos of it in reality to hand. I used to be pierced, but upon hitting 19, realised I hadn't anything to prove :eek:

12. tlogb macrumors newbie

i have a 1/4 sleeve on my right arm/chest/shoulderblade, traditional Japanese style. i used to have both nips pierced, but decided to take them out about 2 years ago. other than that i have 2 regular piercings in my left ear.

13. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

I HAVE
    a henna-red lizard crawling up my leg (he's pretty small tho, his name is Roger) (my partner has matching henna dolphins swimming around his...erm, well anyway, we got matching tats like, a week or two after we met? and we're still together)
    ears at 16 gauge (hey, i just started, shut up, i'm going to maybe 4 gauge plugs)

I'M GETTING
    tribal all over one shoulder/down arm
    Roger reinked in black to match the tribal
    nips pierced

...maybe more, depends on what line of work i'm in. my office is pretty liberal, but a spiked eyebrow piercing might not fly. hmm... then again it might be funny...

14. bartelby macrumors Core

I really want some of the creatures off the TDP cover around my leg, I'll get round to it one day!!
    But this is the next Tattoo I'm getting:

Attached Files:

15. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

I've never considered getting any tatoos. I just can't imagine wanting one in 12 years when I'm 30. Piercings aren't quite as permanent so I might consider getting one of those, but I just don't see the point :confused:. I'd rather express myself through clothing, personally.

scem0

16. Guitarius macrumors 6502a

Guitarius

I love tattoo, and have sketchbooks filled with designs I would love to get. I fancy myself a bit of a tattoo artist. I'd love to get a job doing it. I don't have any because I have psoriasis, and what's to say a spot wouldn't pop up right where I get a tattoo. I may one day, just to spite it all.

17. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief

I felt the same way until my wife got hers. She currently has three beyond the one above: Kanji for "strength" at the base of her neck, a sleeping full-colour dragon in the small of her back and a dogwood flower (BC Provincial flower) on her right hip that she got the valentine's day before our wedding.

Through her first three I developped a framework for my own tattoo "rules" and realized what my hangup really was. I wasn't going to put anything on my skin that wouldn't have meaning my whole life and mark an accomplishment I felt strongly about. As a result I've only got the one and the two or three I'm working on will mark other personal achievements. It took me thinking about it to realize that what it came down to is that I had a low expectation of myself.... and that was a profound thing by itself.

18. buryyourbrideau macrumors 65816

buryyourbrideau

had both my ear lobes stretched to 3/4 inches. they were hollow

had my lip pierced on both sides

and i have a prince albert :eek:

i have taken everything out besides the PA

no tats. dont want any

19. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

I get the whole, in-x-years-i-wont-want-it thing, but I'm more worried that if I didn't, I might be lying on my deathbed counting regrets over the fun stuff I wanted to do, but didn't. Realistically it would take a pretty dramatic shift to make me totally hate a tat, I can't imagine that. And I choose for aesthetics, not meaning. But to each his own, I'm just happy that tattooing is still legal :)

20. bartelby macrumors Core

That's why I get tattoos that have some kind of significance that's personal.
    The most important thing in my life, after my wife and dog, is music.

I've been listening to Fugazi since 1988, their music is still very much important to me.
    The red and black logo is the Einstürzende Neubauten Supporters logo. I've been listening to them for 16 years and I've been a supporter from very soon after they started the project.

I figure if I've been listening to stuff for that long then I'm not about to stop!

21. SFVCyclone macrumors 6502a

i have my two ears pierced with 12 gauge black titanium hoops. they look awesome, not planning to stretch or anything like that.

22. Xtremehkr macrumors 68000

Xtremehkr

One large tribal tattoo one on my right calve. My piercing are long since gone.

23. Nanda Devi macrumors regular

Two tattoos.

One on my left shoulder: a half moon with clouds streaming in front of it, rather neat looking.

One on my right ankle: a black abstract-looking orchid about 3 inches long.

I hate the one on my ankle, absolutely hate it. I am dying to get it removed. It's well done and all, I just don't like how it looks anymore, especially when I'm dressed nicely for work or something, in a dress or skirt. I think it looks trashy. Got it when I was 17, and never thought I'd regret it, but it didn't take long...

Had my tongue pierced for about a year. Took the barbell out one day with every intention of putting it back, and when I went to replace it about an hour later, the hole was completely closed up! :confused:

Anyway, the actual piercing didn't hurt, but I was MISERABLE for about a week after. Couldn't really eat, spoke with a lisp, tongue hurt like hell. Fortunately all of that cleared up soon enough and then it was sort of a fun thing to have.... :cool:

24. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

My compliments, you are the only brave person so far to post an actual picture. Could you explain the significance?

I don't have or want and piercing or tattoos. Boston being a college town, I see a lot of them. Just about any place that you could imagine, that is areas that are publicly available. :eek:

25. buryyourbrideau macrumors 65816

buryyourbrideau

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.