Pigs will fly. The Pope will turn Jewish. And Bush may change his mind.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Thomas Veil, Dec 7, 2006.

1. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

CNN

I'm not holding my breath, but it kinda sounds like they're trying to lay the groundwork for a change of plan. The ISG does give them the perfect cover for it, as well as stealing the incoming Democrats' thunder on the issue.

I'm too old to believe in Santa Claus, but maybe, just maybe....

2. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

He pretty much has to at this point. Despite all the rhetoric up to this point, he's been proven wrong, and there is no more stay the course. He can try to steal the Dems thunder all he wants, they can just come out and say their glad he's finally listening to them since they've been saying it all along. Then the Dems can hit the Reps who try to agree with the flip-flopping charge. If they're smart that is.

And since I doubt we'll be out of Iraq anytime soon, it'll still be a big issue and a reminder that things didn't even begin to change until the Dems were back in power.

3. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Bingo, If we still had a republican ran Congress he would be doing what he has for the past 6 years. Listening to no one, making up his own rules and ignoring most of our own laws. Face it he had to to be forced into listening to someone else rather then his team of draft dodgers like Cheney & Rove. Osama is still Free, he did 911. Saddam is in Jail. I still wonder about those close ties to the Bin Laden family the Bushies have.

4. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

Please recite little child's lines from ending scene of Miracle on 34th Street over and over. "I believe, I believe". :)

5. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

All I'm seeing out of the ISG is the worst of both worlds. The Republicans won't let us leave and the Democrats won't let us stay. So they "compromised" and said that we'll bring home some troops and let the rest stay there forever.

What we need, IMHO, is either a clean break or a massive upgrade. If we're getting the hell out, there's no reason to do it half-assed and keep us mired and paying bills for the next several decades. If we're gonna stay we should double the troops and literally rebuild the country.

Any way, including the ISG's half-measures, we're ****ed and the Iraqis are especially ****ed. We've already spent hundreds of billions and will spend hundreds of billions more.

Kucinich is the only Representative saying we should leave now and saying that the Congress needs to do its job and stop funding the war. But the Democratic leadership will never do that for fear of being labeled unpatriotic troop-haters.

Our executive leadership is corrupt and our congressional leadership is unwilling do what needs to be done. Our judiciary is now stacked by the corrupt executives. As a nation, I can't think of darker days.

Is there light? Yes, we've now got people actually permitting the thought that Iraq was a mistake. But that won't fix the Military Commissions Act, the John Warner Defense Act, the Patriot Act, the warrantless wiretapping or the extraordinary rendition. It won't release the stranglehold that the military/industrial complex and the oil companies have on the people elected to lead. It won't fix the broken souls of the people in charge who put power and greed above health and happines in the national dialogue.

6. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Thats a valid argument, Its their country not ours and it was a blunder by our Neocon leader to go into Iraq. Al-Queda wasnt in Iraq until George got them there. Afghanistan was the focus and he dropped the ball. Im still for a pull out. Why the Hell should I the American Tax payer be paying for this? Billions down the drain. If we had a real Energy policy for this nation rather then looking out for your Oil buddys we wouldnt be there. There were no WMDs. 3,000 americans died for nothing,absolutely nothing but a screwed up policy by a bunch of draft dodgers & Haliburton.

7. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Pigs do fly, do you never watch The Simpsons?

8. princealfie macrumors 68030

princealfie

Or Family Guy.

9. OnceUGoMac macrumors 6502a

OnceUGoMac

Or the commercial for Pink Floyd's Animals. Link

10. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I think that pigs flying and the Pope becoming Jewish are both much more likely than Bush changing his mind. Hopefully I'm wrong.

11. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

if bush changes his mind, pigs will become the main form of transport to Mars.

Iraq is screwed. There is very little anyone can do about it as well.
    Americans, for your next presidential election, please, please elect someone who isn't a knob. America is the most powerful country on the planet, and Bush has used that power and the media to mess things up for other countries. We can't afford for him to be screwing things over.

12. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

"Just a little airborne! It's still good! It's still good!"

13. MACDRIVE macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

Thanatoast,

That was brilliant. I wish very much that you were running this country. I mean that sincerely. :)

14. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

feingold had a few things to say about the report as well:
    video can be viewed from this page.

15. Thomas Veil thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Yeah, McCain is also trying to pick apart the ISG report.

And then there's this:

In short, Bush is setting out conditions that he knows Iran and Syria are highly unlikely to meet.

Bastard!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

16. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Bush & gang have another new spin phrase. Man I hate the 1st grade stuff from this guy. So we had "Stay the course" now the next spinphrase is "The Way Forward" :rolleyes: Karl Rove and his Puppet are at it again. making sure every 1st grader will understand. "The Way Forward" God this guy sucks.

17. princealfie macrumors 68030

princealfie

"Stay the course?"

Okay. What about...

"Let's pull out guys!"

Less syllables. Duh!

18. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

It has to be limited to 3 words, if not the pres may mess it up.

19. Thomas Veil thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil