Pilots report UFO over O'Hare?

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Dont Hurt Me, Jan 2, 2007.

1. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/01/02/ufo.sighting.ap/index.html Looks like a group of United Airline employees including some pilots reported a UFO over O'Hare Nov 7. FAA isnt investigating. They reported a spinning disc shape object that was hovering over the airport then shot straight up but the FAA is saying its just weather. .Interesting we are just hearing about it 2 months later. The workers included some pilots.

I would guess they werent told by the govt that there is no such thing and not to believe their eyes. I would like to see more statements by the witnesses. Interesting. Perhaps it was Swamp gas,or the planet venus,or a flock of birds or the weather or perhaps mass hallucinations,etc etc.

(edit) better info can be found herehttp://www.nuforc.org/ Its about halfway down the page. Looks like others saw it including a mechanic taxiing a Boeing 777.

2. adrianblaine macrumors 65816

adrianblaine

I love this quote.

3. Dont Hurt Me thread starter macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

That quote is spin, nothing more. After looking around, this object and thats what was reported not a light or cloud but object was seen by many for as long as 2 minutes before shooting straight up and was observed to have left a whole in the clouds as it went up. This tells me it wasnt weather as the FAA spins it to be but a physical object that was reported by the best observers you can have and thats pilots. There may have been someone in the tower who also saw it.

FAA unofficial stance on any reported objects is not to report them and to spin them and little else. Sounds like just what BlueBook did. So here again a object is seen by more then one and by the most reliable witnesses you can find and the response is mere spin? That alone is suspect for me. I think we have a Govt policy of not reporting and spinning these things because our Govt is powerless to do anything about it and they know it. So out of this lack of control all sightings are ignored,spun or ridiculed officially.

The FAA should be asking why is an object in this airspace and could these pose a risk to flights & passengers? Instead we get a joke.

4. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

That's classic. They probably also missed their connecting flight to Denver.

5. michaelsaxon macrumors 6502

You might have noticed that our government is powerless to do anything about a lot of things. Why that would implicate thousands of government employees in some vast conspiracy to "hide the truth" seems laughable. I mean, why would some upper management guy at the FAA have any interest in believing or not believing in UFOs one way or the other?

6. Dont Hurt Me thread starter macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Are you referring to flight 446? thats the flight that the senior Mechanic was taxiing at the time when he saw this object.

7. atari1356 macrumors 68000

atari1356

Where are the photos?

Surely 2 minutes is long enough for someone to realize they should whip out their cellphone cam at least.

8. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

I don't believe in extraterrestrial spacecraft, or massive government coverups involving "aurora"-like aircraft, but many UFOs turn out to be interesting anyway...I wonder what this was.

9. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Actually, I was referring to the little green men from Alpha Centuri. If they're smart enough to pilot their craft all the way to Earth, you'd think they'd also be smart enough not to pick O'Hare on a gloomy night in November, if they wanted to get somewhere.

10. Dont Hurt Me thread starter macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

I dont even own a cellphone let alone one thats a camera. There are a lot of missing facts in this story. Will never know what it was but we do know one thing and thats our own Govts history on dealing with this subject matter. Officially many branches have said they dont investigate UFO's but this has been shown to be nothing more then lies through the freedom of information act. The AirForce,CIA,NASA all have said they dont, all have been caught in their own lies. Interesting how any unusual atmospheric phenomenon is studied except this one. (Officially) that is.

On a side note I was wondering if there was anything interesting going on this day in history and all could find was it was Election day though Im sure it has nothing to do with this observation.

11. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Maybe they forgot to mail their absentee ballots in time and had to stop by to vote in person, er, in alien.

12. Dont Hurt Me thread starter macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

I myself am certain that we are being observed and have been observed since biblical times by an older and much more advanced civilization. Just open up your Bible for things flying in the sky when our best tech for the time was the .....wheel. Though our Govt is covering this up that cant keep everyones mouth shut.
    UFO's were over Washington in the 50s, it was in the papers, photographed be news agencys,picked up on radar and even jet fighters scrambled after them. This was all spun into anything and everything. If one is willing to look for the best cases there are many Police and military reports. many many many very solid cases.

13. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Or maybe, like many other voters, they're feeling alienated.

14. Dont Hurt Me thread starter macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

I hear they are all of the same sex and are for Gay rights;)

15. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Well they would be then, wouldn't they? No wonder they didn't stick around. The probably set the stardrive for San Francisco.

16. Dont Hurt Me thread starter macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Actually I have it wrong if memory serves me the recovered aliens from Roswell were sexless as far they could tell? Almost as if they were manufactored.:eek:

Other news are picking up this story and NBC is reporting the witnesses are swearing to what they saw. @#$%^&*!

17. MacRy macrumors 68040

MacRy

Uh oh. Looks like we may need to dish out one of these to this thread :)

[​IMG]

OH MY GOD I SAID DISH!!! HIDE!! WE'RE ALL DOOMED!!

18. michaelsaxon macrumors 6502

Why is it again that the government has some compelling need to cover this up? Also, don't forget "the government" is a lot of people-- in many cases, people just like you and me. Are "they" in on it too?

19. Squonk macrumors 65816

Squonk

I think I'll make one of those tonight!!!

Does anyone have the schematics? :D

20. MacRy macrumors 68040

MacRy

It's the formidable tin foil hat that no self respecting conspiracy theorist should be without. ;)

21. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

I made one as a middle school science project and did the radio thing...mine had a big spike on top instead of two horns though...;)

22. MacRy macrumors 68040

MacRy

We shouldn't mock though as alien abduction is a very real and prevalent threat to our society......well.....according to this crackpot it is anyway linkety link link

Just found that site and it gave me a damn good laugh so I thought i'd share it. For god's sake don't read it 'Don't Hurt Me'. I'm worried enough about you :)

23. emw macrumors G4

emw

What they saw and what it was aren't necessarily the same thing. ;)

This is not to say I don't have a belief in EBEs, but rather that this particular sighting, despite the number of "witnesses", seems to be more questionable than some, given the weather conditions.

I wish we had some video or something.

Adding to that, I saw that United counted it as an on-time departure.

24. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Well that figures. You weren't in Chicago on November 7 by any chance?