Pimping my G5

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by jimsowden, Apr 30, 2005.

1. jimsowden macrumors 68000

jimsowden

My 1.6 is finally getting the tricking out it needs. I have 1.5gb RAM and an additional 200gb HD now, but i'm looking for a decent graphics card. Any reqs? Would like 2 DVIs, but in no way need dual link (wish I did).

2. G5Unit macrumors 68020

G5Unit

Well then your choice would have to be the Nvidia 6800. Not sure if you G5 is compatabe with the new 9850 though.

3. _bnkr612 macrumors 6502a

_bnkr612

Happy to read someone else out there w/ a 1.6 PMG5. I love mine, it runs Adobe and Macromedia apps great and powers my 17" studio just fine. Not to mention, no real issues with Tiger on this either.

I too have the same specs with RAM, HD. The graphics cards seems suffice and I am a designer, but let me know when you upgrade or find a decent card boost...!

Cheers.

4. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

A teaser thread title like that, and nothing about sending your poor G5 out onto the street to earn a living for you. :(

5. Demon Hunter macrumors 68020

Put some cold cathode tubes inside. Then we'll start talking "pimp."

6. cmvsm macrumors 6502a

cmvsm

The X800 is king of the block at this point. You certainly will be pimpin' your ride with that bad boy.

7. altair macrumors regular

You should install a fireplace too, that would be rad

8. Jo-Kun macrumors 6502a

just put some gold & chrome pieces on it, as said some lights... lower the suspension :p haha have some 7" monitors built-in (yes we have MTV Pimp my ride here too, its sooooo funny, with all those XBox-PS2-...monitor ****)
    I'm sorry I assumed you meant pimping in that direction...

otherwise: expand expand expand, get some faster/bigger drives, more ram... and I guess you'll be all good to go...

;-)

J

9. SpaceMagic macrumors 68000

SpaceMagic

10. sjpetry macrumors 65816

sjpetry

I also found it let down. :(