Pinball Game

Discussion in 'Games' started by Guitarius, Apr 25, 2005.

1. Guitarius macrumors 6502a

Jul 8, 2004
    Well, I've been looking for some fun, mindless games that I can keep on my computer just to waste some time. I have a few games that I really enjoy, but I'm missing a pinball game. Free would be best. I found a demo of one on Version Tracker, but unfortunatly, it cuts you off after 99 seconds of playing. I was unable to find one in the bargin bin at Wal-Mart and such. Any suggestions of where I can find one would be much helpful.
  2. AppleAce macrumors regular

Mar 7, 2005
    Fun, mindless games you say? Loads of mindless and some not so mindless free games (because they're no longer in production) that run in classic available for download here I'm sure there's a pinball game or 2 on there somewhere.
  3. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Nov 1, 2001
    Those abandonware games are classic! Great find - thanks

4. Poff macrumors 65816

Sep 16, 2003
    Stavanger, Norway
    Hmm.. so there are actually no pinball games for OS X? :eek:

Were is this world going..?
  5. FoxyKaye macrumors 68000

Jan 23, 2004
    San Francisco, Terre d'Ange, Bas Lag, Gallifrey
    There is - 3D Ultra Pinball is under the "Arcade" games, but both of its mirrors have broken links. I did find a .sit of its original CD installer on the P2P networks - search terms "3D Ultra Pinball sit" in Acquisition - presumably I can say this on MR because it's abandonware, but if not the Mods are free to take out this sentence.

Also found this great cheat codes list for 3D Ultra Pinball:

And found this too, but they're pay-to-play:

Funny, I was just thinking of an old game I loved on my //c called "Pinball Construction Set", which set in motion the chain of events leading to me locating this Thread and the URLs I listed above. If anyone has the full Mac version of Pinball Construction Set out there - please reply to this Thread - only has the demo version available...

[Edit]: I just installed 3D Ultra Pinball on my iMac - it positively screams under Classic on a G5! I feel like Millhouse when he first played "Bonestorm". It does some weird stuff to the rest of the GUI, though, so using other windows while playing isn't really possible - but why would you want to?
  6. risc macrumors 68030

Jul 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Australia
  7. inam macrumors newbie

Jul 7, 2005