pinch to zoom on safari lion not working

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by aoaaron, Nov 26, 2011.

1. macrumors 6502

Sep 4, 2010
    it used to work but now i cant seem to pinch to zoom anywhere.

any help please because its very very annoying.

i checked getinfo on sfari and it was set to 64bit already.

two finger tap to zoom still works.
  2. macrumors 65816

Dec 23, 2010
    London, UK
    This may sound a bit obvious, but check if Pinch-to-zoom is not turned off. You can check this by going to System Preferences>Trackpad>'Scroll & Zoom' tab

3. macrumors 6502

Nov 13, 2011
    Strangely enough, this problem had been happening with my MacBook as well, even with the option activated under sys. preferences.
    Even more stranger still, the problem silently fixed itself.
    Was it 10.7.2? Perhaps.
  4. macrumors regular

Mar 11, 2011
    mine does this on occasion under 10.7.2. the only way it seems to get it back is to completely shut down/re-boot.
  5. macrumors 6502

Oct 22, 2008

For anyone still dealing with this issue...

I determined that this was just happening in Safari for me, so I disabled the last extension that I installed, which was fairly recent and since this issue started happening fairly recently, I thought there might be a connection between the two. As soon as I uninstalled that extension (RSS Menu), pinch-to-zoom started working again. I didn't even need to restart the browser. Now that isn't to say there is a problem with the Safari extension, RSS Menu, because I reinstalled it and pinch-to-zoom is still working, so try uninstalling some extensions that you've installed lately. If you haven't installed any lately, try turning them off all together, if they're already turned on.