Pink $20 bills... For Real!

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by mactastic, Sep 9, 2003.

1. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Link

Ok, pink money is gonna look weird!

2. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

Re: Pink $20 bills... For Real!

I only have monopoly money these days anyway, so I'll be used to it.

3. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

4. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

i approve. mono-colored money is boring, imo.

and let's put some holes in the coins and maybe a gold-colored band around the edge. our change is boring compared to the rest of the world.

5. mactastic thread starter macrumors 68040

mactastic

How about a move to a brushed-metal look... Maybe a small apple logo somewhere, an "In Steve We Trust" and pictures of macs instead of presidents?:D

In anticipation of apples imminent bid for world domination!:D :p ;)

6. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

This is very old news. Every news show, and newspaer (Including an article written by your's truly) about this in May/June. I think its cool, and its a gradient between pink and yellow with embossed images in the gradient. Personally, I'm hoping for when Canada Falls apart from the seperation of Quebec, and Joins the US, we can use some of their design influences.
    (BTW I'm half Canadian, and just stating what is believed to be the only outcome of the future. ADD.. I mean for Canada to Join the US and not Quebec)

Maybe for special Apple Money. Use that ink on the US100 that changes from black to green, but instead goes from Aqua Blue to Graphite Grey.

Have the three skittles in the upper left with the clear jolly rancher on the right, framing in the bills.

Better yet, we could have an LCARS design on the money, all relevant data would be easy to find, and with the right ammount of holography, it could be counterfeit proof.

TEG

7. cubist macrumors 68020

When I was a kid, someone gave me a 10 Ruble note from Czarist Russia. I couldn't believe how gorgeous it was - all kinds of colors in rainbows flowing together. American money is boring.

I think British money is fun. Especially the coins -- there must be at least a dozen different denominations in pence, crowns and shillings circulating.

8. jxyama macrumors 68040

jxyama

several things U.S. could do with our money:

1) change the size of bills. it's too easy to bleach a dollar bill and print 100 on it.

2) introduce more coins. just $1 coin is useless as they become bulky. if we can get $2 and $5 coins, then they will be useful because you will be able to carry more money with less coins.

3) make sure coins can be used on vending machines...

4) eliminate pennies.

9. bennetsaysargh macrumors 68020

bennetsaysargh

everyone else has a 2$ currency except the US it seems. i think these new 20s are gonna look more like euro and stuff.
    i want a 2 dollar and 5 dollar coin. it would be easier for me at least
    and we could still have a 5$ bill.

10. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

11. ColoJohnBoy macrumors 65816

ColoJohnBoy

I hope the US Treasury eventually discontinues the $1 bill and switched everything over to the Sacajawea Dollar. If you go to Britain, or any country on the Euro, the smallest demonination they have in paper money is 5 Pounds Sterling/5 Euros. Anything smaller is coined, and it works great, especially in Britain. I loved using the 1 Pound coin, and it never felt bulky in the slightes. Though it did make it just a bit easier to spend ;)

12. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

I swear this isn't new.

And we already had a thread on this...

I would swear it.

and it doesn't really look 'pink'

Still has much green.

13. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

I don't know I often end up with $10-$20 in $1 bills in my wallet. I would hate to carry that much coin. Now the penny there is a bit of currency that could be done away with.

14. bennetsaysargh macrumors 68020

bennetsaysargh

if we get id of the penny, then how will we get our change form 99 Cent Power and iTMS!?:p
    seriously, how?*

15. mactastic thread starter macrumors 68040

mactastic

Ok, I'm sorry. I missed the other thread, and thought this was new. My apologies.

16. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

So now even the Federal Reserve has copied the original iMac...

17. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

mactastic, this is new to me, too. I never saw the old thread.

18. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

The US does have a $2 bill, its just not common to find in circulation, because everyone thinks they are rare. In the US, the $2 bill is the 4 most commonly printed Bill, behind the $1, $100, $20, $10... They are more common than the $50 or the $5. I do agree that we need more coins, just not one like Canada's "Queen with the Bear Behind" or "Twoonie."

Psrsonally, I go out of my way to circulate Sackajewa $1 coins, Susan B. Anthony $1 coins, and $2 Bills.

TEG

19. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

Um, make it $.90. Sounds good to me.

20. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

The new $20 bill looks great to me. The pink look isn't all that dramatic. As long as it helps to prevent counterfeiters then I'm all for the change!

21. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Serious Q I've always wondered about.

If you only have dollar coins how do you tip at strip clubs? Do the strippers have a coin purse, do you just give the lowest denomination bill your have (probably a 5)? How does that work?

Lethal

22. mac15 macrumors 68040

mac15

Australia's had plasitc bills for ages now, they are so so much better!

23. macfreek57 macrumors 6502

i just don't like how they've made out-of-character changes to it
    like the eagle in the bakground... it's not the traditional flat, levitating eagle - it looks like it's flying side ways or something.

and the background coloring looks like it's trying to be a flag (look at some other countries' bills and you'll see what i mean). if they do that they might as well make it red, white, and blue (not green, pink, and green !!).

and another thing is jackson's head... it's not in the traditional white circle. that's the main thing that made us bills so easily identifiable.

and that font for "twenty USA; USA twenty" behind the treasury seal looks like something you'd get out of a "20,000 Fonts For $9.99!" cd (or something you'd make in PrintShop)

but anyway it's cool
    that green-to-copper thing sounds cool

24. voicegy macrumors 65816

voicegy

Sandy Eggo - MacRumors Member since 1-1-2002
    Funny...I was about to mention how I liked the circle being taken away from around Jackson's head...it opens up the bill artistically, in my opinion.

A little more color is a welcome sight as well, as long as the predominant shade is of a green hue. There are so many songs, slang and references that associate "green" with our currency, and I'd hate to see that relationship slide.

"Greenbacks" "Slide me some green" "That mean, mean ol' mean...mean green"

(I appreciate this thread...I missed it before, and was nice to see the pic as well...thanks!)

25. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

The two I like personally are the older French franc bills and the Italian coins. The francs were colorful, artistic, and of different sizes to easily tell what is what. The Italians seemed to get coined money down to an artform, as well, with gold and silver bands and artistic designs. If only we were as artistic with out currency. As far as the penny thing, is there seriously any use for them at all? If you try paying in pennies you either get a dirty look or told to use something else. I can't blame them, whenever I am working I get annoyed with lots of change, too.