Pink Apple icon at startup

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Sedulous, Apr 1, 2003.

1. Sedulous macrumors 68000

Sedulous

I started up my cube today and noticed that the Apple logo during startup (after the plain grey screen) had changed from the usual blue to pink! Nothing else had changed and everything else appeared normal. I restarted to see if I could repeat it only to see that it had returned to the normal blue. At first I thought maybe it was a joke.

I swear this is not an April fools prank. Has anyone else seen something like this?

2. janey macrumors 603

janey

mine doesn't go pink but it goes grayscale...i have no idea why...
    i hate april fools jokes...i swear to god i'm gonna kill the person who deleted all my apps on my iBook.

3. Eniregnat macrumors 68000

Eniregnat

My old powermac used to do that. It was an early sign that ether the crt was going or that the video card was bad.

4. idkew macrumors 68020

idkew

where the concrete to dirt ratio is better
    maybe your cube is putting out some hints. do you call it a boy? it might be a girl, or it could want to join the pink team...

5. shakespeare macrumors 6502

6. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

Well when I log'd in this morning my whole computer display was 256 colors and the colors seemed inverted. I checked the universal access control panel and that wasn't it. I repaired disk permissions 3 times and ran FSCK -y a couple times and reset the PRAM. Nothing worked. So after checking the other user on the system and seeing that they were fine I went back into my account and went to my home user library preference folder deleted any preference that had to do with the system that was updated yesterday or today. That fixed it.

I think maybe you need to look into the main system/library/preference folder and check or delete preferences that were updated recently.

7. Chomolungma macrumors regular

taking acid?

other hallucinagens?

just teasing:D

8. janey macrumors 603

janey

nothing i try works...sending it to apple for the second time...hopefully they'll just give me a new one :D

9. shakespeare macrumors 6502

I had to call Apple Support today, and there was a special recorded announcement before I got a representative (probably to cut down on unnecessarily calls) that described the problem you're having and said that it could be fixed by a simple reinstall. Perhaps that would work.