Pink Earbuds?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by haiggy, Oct 27, 2004.

1. haiggy macrumors 65816

Okay guys, this is just plain weird:

Before class, my iPod Earbuds were white... but then the following happened:

I am in class today with my earbuds in and I take them out for a second, look at them and realize that the right earbud has turned pink! So, I try to wipe it off: nothing. I try to rub it off: nothing. I try to take it off with a little bit of water on my finger: nothing!!! So, I put my left earbud into my right ear and it comes out slightly pink and kept getting a darker pink each time. Has this ever happened to anyone before? Do you know what might be happening? I have a shower everyday, keep my ears clean, and my ear has not been bleeding. I am totally puzzled and bummed because I liked the earbuds for class and now I might have to get a new pair.... rip. I would post a picture but you can only see it in really good lighting and its hard to get a picture of it with my camera. And the thing is, the pink is not only on the part in your ear. It's also on the "sticks" coming from the speaker part.... so weird. Anyways, I hope you guys can help me out. lol

<joke>If anyone wants these for their pink iPod mini, message me - we can trade. </joke> :p

2. _bnkr612 macrumors 6502a

_bnkr612

Have your...

Have you had your fingers near kool-aid? Or maybe you did not realize you might have stained them earlier. If you can only see them in good lighting then take a picture with a white background and a flash. Let's see some proof chap!

I have the in-ear buds, they are great. I get earwax every now and then, but who wouldn't when they are jammed in your ear canal.

Cheers.

3. bcsmith macrumors member

Ever heard of Q-Tips? And how far in are you shoving your ear buds?

4. fowler. macrumors 6502a

fowler.

5. haiggy thread starter macrumors 65816

No I am not wearing a red hoodie, but I was wearing a red sweater the other day.... and the white one turned red after I put it into my right ear. :S Yes, I use q-tips thanks.

6. _bnkr612 macrumors 6502a

_bnkr612

Uh, yeah. I use cotton swabs. But that doesn't mean I use them everyday. Earwax is good. America made it taboo my friend.

I stick the ear buds in enough to create great bass residence. Crucial for all my Paul Van Dyk beats. As well as Elvis Costello, The Sea and Cake, Dispatch... the list goes on...

Do you use deodorant? Wash your under arms regulary?

Cheers.

7. haiggy thread starter macrumors 65816

lol I didn't mean for this to get out of hand.... :rolleyes:

Although the Q-Tip remark was un-necessary.

8. jared_kipe macrumors 68030

jared_kipe

I don't think there is a good explanation for this. Stick some cotton or paper napkin in your right ear for awhile, and see if it is stained pink.

9. jared_kipe macrumors 68030

jared_kipe

Oh and Q'tips are perhaps the stupidest thing ever as a daily use product. Every year there are countless injuries to the inner ear due to the use of q'tips and yet you don't see a surgeon general's warning on the back on them. Bottom line, if you can't get the wax out with your pinky, or piece of tissue paper, you really shouldn't need to take it out.

10. nfocus design macrumors regular

nfocus design

I am a fan of Q'tips and I use them daily. I do belive they can be dangerous if not used properly. I don't cram them way down inside my ear though. A good sign you are going too deep is if it makes you cough.

11. haiggy thread starter macrumors 65816

I just used a q-tip in my right ear to see if any "pink" substance was lurking there and - nothing.

12. nfocus design macrumors regular

nfocus design

Maybe they are iMood earbuds and change color depending on your mood :)

13. ProjektJ macrumors member

probably some sort of chemical reaction with the polymers in the earbud

14. dermeister macrumors 6502

dermeister

Do you know what a polymer is? :rolleyes:

15. question fear macrumors 68020

question fear

good god, he's a plastic person!

16. rueyeet macrumors 65816

rueyeet

It might be something about the particular plastic used in the earbuds and the florescent lights in your classroom. I've noticed before that some things appear differently colored under classroom or office lights. Try looking at them in natural sunlight or incandescent light before drawing conclusions.

17. nels0360 macrumors member

18. jared_kipe macrumors 68030

jared_kipe

Or maybe you have red shoelaces.

19. Will Curran macrumors regular

Will Curran

Yes Dyk is my baby! Uh, well on the subject.. I say, well... I'm not sure, but I'd like to see them.