Pinkslip (Xfire for mac) developers needed!

Discussion in 'Games' started by comictimes, Feb 20, 2006.

1. comictimes macrumors 6502a

comictimes

I don't know how many people know about this, but I figured I'd spread the word around- just recently some people have decided to make a version of Xfire for mac, in about the same way that teamspeak was made for mac as "Teamspeex"

In any case, they need developers still (I think), and so if you have any skill in writing code, head on over to the website ( www.macpose.com/pinkslip ) and let them know.

Also, according to this thread, it's going to be done primarily in objective C++, just to let you know.

I'm not involved and don't know anything about programming, so I can't give any more info than that, but I would LOVE to see this get off the ground, so if you can, please help

2. mac.head.high macrumors regular

mac.head.high

For those of us who are unaware (like myself), would you please explain what Teamspeex is and does?

3. lancestraz macrumors 6502a

lancestraz

4. comictimes thread starter macrumors 6502a

comictimes

teamspeex is basically a Mac version of Teamspeak, a voice chat client that is used by many gamers. It was developed independently because the group that made teamspeak was very slow at coming out with a Mac version.

As for Xfire, it's an internet chat program (text, not voice) that can be brought up in full screen games with a hotkey. It also logs which games you are playing currently and how much time you have spent playing them. In addition, it will (automatically or manually) download updates for your games as well as many other files that are available on the Xfire servers. However, the group that makes it appears to have no intention of making a version for Mac.

5. Shadowspirit6 macrumors regular

oo.crap!, i want an xfire for mac, i need to get it in order to be in a clan in CoD

6. kainjow Moderator emeritus

kainjow

Hm that Pinkslip link doens't work.

BTW I am working on an Xfire client for OS X.. will post a thread about it soon :)

7. Jacmac macrumors newbie

when?

does anyone know when this new xfire will be released? Will it be a free download or do you have to purchase it?