Pioneer DVR-108

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by jowie, May 31, 2006.

1. jowie macrumors 6502a

Hi there,

I have two Pioneer DVR-108 drives inside my Dual G4 machine. I have been using them perfectly for DVD-to-DVD copying for some time now, but recently I was interested in burning some Dual Layer discs, which the DVR-108 should be capable of doing.

However, after buying 10 DL discs I have now managed to get halfway through them, and yet not a single one has burned successfully. I have noticed that a newer version of the Firmware is available for the drive, and yet I only see a downloadable EXE for Windows.

Is it possible to find a Mac version? If not, is it safe for me to remove the drive, stick it on a PC and upgrade the firmware from there and put it back, or is the reason the firmware is only available for the PC a hint that I should not upgrade it for the Mac? And finally, do you think that upgrading the Firmware will possibly make any difference?

Thanks!

:-Joe

2. frankblundt macrumors 65816

frankblundt

I had an LG drive that specifically told you to update the firmware on a PC if it was in a mac, because they didn't have a mac updater.

Have you tried Patchburn to see if it's a driver issue?

3. jowie thread starter macrumors 6502a

No I've not seen that before... I will download it tonight and give it a go. Thanks!:D