Pioneer DVR-K05 in Mac Mini

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Loke, Sep 7, 2005.

1. Loke macrumors member

Just wanted to share Ive just installed a Pioneer DVR-K05 in my mac mini. Its a double layer 8X DVD±RW drive, and its natively supported by Mac OSX afaics. Every iLife app at least recognize it without any fuzz.

So far Ive installed 1GB ram, Bluetooth/wlan and a new superdrive in my mac mini - and Im generally happy about OSX (although some things are better in GNU/Linux still :) )

2. Err macrumors member

did you have to install patchburn for ilife apps to work?

3. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

Go to xlr8yourmac.comxlr8yourmac.com and add your experience to their drive compatibility database - it's an important resource for Mac upgraders.

Nowadays it's a lot easier to add devices to your Mac and there is a lot less proprietary stuff than there was when I had my first Mac (1993 - remember the AAUI network port and the DB15 video port? :rolleyes: ) .

4. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

Cool to know that works with iLife....Just curious though what exactly do you find better in Linux???

ShadoW

5. chillywilly macrumors 6502a

chillywilly

A friend of mine did the Pioneer DVR-K05 drive upgrade in his mini. So far, the drive shows as unsupported under the System specs, even though it will burn discs at 1x speed. Toast 6 sees the drive and will burn at faster rates (4x speed is what he's seen so far). And of course, the drive works as a reader without a hitch.

I want to do this drive upgrade but want to find a way to have it be native burning support under each app like iMovie and iDVD.

Any suggestions?