Piper Jaffray: New iPod rivals still aren't enough

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Jan 9, 2005.

1. macrumors bot

Jul 5, 2003
  2. macrumors 68040

Jul 10, 2004
    New Orleans / Lafayette, La
    This is so true. I think of it as the ipod being a large insect lamp and any co petitor (fly) that comes gets shocked and dies. The ipod is what everything else is judged by.
  3. macrumors regular

Dec 29, 2003
    Creative is such a joke...

I've seen their "offerings" and they suck crap-ola. What I find so funny is the fact that outside analysts are shooting down the wannabes. The CES show is supposed to be the best of the best - this is where all the companies who "declared war" (Creative - mainly) on the iPod get to show off their "amunition" - what a joke.

A little note for Creative, Sony, m$ and all the others:
    If you really want to "kill" the iPod - you don't do it by out-marketing Apple - you do it by out-engineering Apple. Stupid a$$ mega-corps just don't get it and they never will. I hope they choke on their crow.
  4. macrumors 68000

May 31, 2004
    Pitch forking mulch in Nova Scotia, Canada
    You know, with all our worris and attention set on market share, I realise that, really, all I care about is if I have my iPod, i don't care if there are 10 million dell jukebox users out there. As long as the device I have pleases me, I'll be happy. I am very confident that even if Apple didn't have 87 % market share of the Hard drive based MP3 players I would still prefer theirs.
  5. macrumors 68040

Apr 21, 2003
    washington dc