Pirates Caribbean - Is Download Better Quaility?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by HelixOmnimedia, Sep 12, 2006.

1. HelixOmnimedia macrumors 6502a

Jul 26, 2006
    Traveling The World

Just discovered the amazing news about iTunes and all the updates done today, WOW! Amazing. Love the new interface in iTunes 7.

Just wondering, if anyone downloads a movie, more specifically Pirates Of Caribbean, is it a better picture quality than the one i ripped to my iPod over six months ago?

If the images gets any bigger it loses out on picutre quailty, sound is ok (only watching it through my iPod, but through laptop, it needs to remain the size below) but just wondered if it was worth re-downloading, if the picture and sound was better from the iTunes Download.

Thanks for any replies, even if it ain't specific to POC.
  2. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

Feb 10, 2004
    Depends on how you ripped it... if it was in the "iPod format" of 320x240 the new one will be better, but you're going to have to pay for it, so... if you own the DVD and know how to rip it, why would you want to buy it again?:confused: :confused:
  3. EssentialParado macrumors 65816

Feb 17, 2005
    Interestingly, I wonder how the previous 5G iPods will support the new 640 x 480 resolution. Will it downscale the video when exporting? Or will updates to the firmware allow the iPod to playback the high-resolution from the actual iPod itself?

If it plays back from the iPod, that means it must resize for the smaller screen on the fly. But if it downscales on export, that means connecting the iPod to a TV will not show the new higher resolution.