Pirates of Silicon Valley on DVD

Discussion in 'Community' started by panphage, Aug 16, 2005.

1. panphage macrumors 6502

2. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

Sweet! This means I can finally toss the VHS copy of it I made when it originally aired...

3. CubaTBird macrumors 68020

yep, i plan on pre-ordering it for sure... seriously good movie.. i saw parts of it here and there, how long is the film?

4. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

According to Amazon.com, it's 97 minutes... that makes sense, since it aired in a two-hour time slot with commercials.

5. Deefuzz macrumors 6502a

Deefuzz

yeah...My boss told me about that, and I am quite pleased

6. OnceUGoMac macrumors 6502a

OnceUGoMac

It's been on DVD for some time. I rented it from Netflix about 9 months ago. Strange. :confused:

Actually, it seems that my memory is failing me. Netflix concurs the article. I guess it was VHS. :eek:

7. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

Will definitely order this nice little history of Silicon Valley...:)

8. MacRy macrumors 68040

MacRy

9. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

This is awesome news. Something that I have thought about many times. A real keepsake DVD, computer history. ;)

10. FoxyKaye macrumors 68000

FoxyKaye

San Francisco, Terre d'Ange, Bas Lag, Gallifrey
    Neato!

I found Pirates on VCD (two CDs) a couple years ago - I think I ordered it from allvcd.com or somebody like that. Even though the VCDs play fine in my DVD player, it would be nice to have DVD quality video...

Now if they could get around to a domestic release of The Day After on DVD as well, that would be cool - last time I checked you could only order this DVD from Brazil.

11. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

Would it be wrong to pirate "Pirates of Silicon Valley"? :eek: ;)

j/k I'll probably pick up a copy - it'll make a nice addition to my DVD library. :cool:

12. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Hope this one comes out on region 2 DVD (i.e. Europe etc.) soon. I couldn't even get it on VHS if I wanted too... I've only seen this film as rental VHS here (though I haven't looked extensively since I'm only interested in a DVD version).

13. m-dogg macrumors 65816

m-dogg

you could always buy it, rip it with mac the ripper, and burn it to a region free disc, couldn't you?

considering they don't make it for your region, that seems like 'fair use' to me...

14. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

This defintely would work...

15. XIII macrumors 68040

XIII

16. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

My DVD player already plays all regions (actually most DVD players sold in Norway will do this, or can easily be made to do it), and many Norwegian DVD stores import region 1 DVDs that's not been released in region 2. So that's not the main problem.

But I would like one with Norwegian subtitles. Not for myself, I actually prefer not to have subtitles on English spoken movies and usually turn them off, but some of those in my immediate family prefers to have a little help with the language... :eek:

Also, ripping and burning from an iBook G4@800MHz with constantly too little HD space left (60 GB HD and 36.89 GB ever increasing iTunes library) wouldn't be a very pleasant experience, I think... :eek: