Pismo battery dead?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by machobson, Aug 29, 2005.

1. machobson macrumors regular

Apr 19, 2005
    Hey everyone,
    While I took the Pismo Powerbook in my sig on a road trip to watch a DVD and I used the power adapter converter that converts the 12 volt plug to the normal voltage that you use in the wall. When I plugged it in I heard this weird screeching noise. It wasn't really that loud, but I immediately unplugged it. Then when I tried to start it up on battery (which was a good 2 1/2 hours worth) the Powerbook turned off mid-startup. When I got home I plugged into the wall adapter, I started it up and everything went fine untill I got into my account and the battery read (0%). It doesn't charge anymore. So I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this? Do you think the battery needs to be replaced? I thought since the voltage was the same on both adapter (wall and car) that I would be fine. And my old iBook had the same power plug as on the Powerbook and I used the same adapter and it was fine. Thanks
  2. Eniregnat macrumors 68000

Jan 22, 2003
    In your head.
    How old is your Pismo? It sounds like it has had a good life and from my friends that are Pismo owners, the ultimate end to the use of their machines was the battery going dead.