Pismo G4-faster upgrades possible?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Gus, Nov 12, 2002.

1. Gus macrumors 65816

Gus

Ok, I am getting ready to order the G4 upgrade from either PowerLogix or Newer, but I thought of something...will there be any newer (read:faster) upgrades coming out?

This question is for you techies out there:
    Is it possible to put a faster (667 or 800 Mhz) chip in the Pismos? Since we now have much faster TiBooks, it seems that the upgrade people will start offering faster upgrade chips like with the last round of G4 upgrades for the towers. The reason I ask is because I thought that the speed of the processor was a multiple of the bus speed, or something like that. So, would it be possible?

Gus

2. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

I have a Pismo with a level 3 cache, it runs faster than my G4 dual 500 ¿?, I would add more memory to it befor change processor wich seem a very good deal.

I like my Pismo so much that now I have 2 of them:)

3. daniel77 macrumors 6502

guys just get a used recent titanium pb off of ebay. dont keep wasting ur money. probably spend 3000 each right?

4. drastik macrumors 6502a

drastik

5. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Thats the problem, within 3 - 6mos the upgrade come along. Just have to purchase when you need a new Mac, be happy & enjoy!

6. Gus thread starter macrumors 65816

Gus

???

Umm, man, do you know what we are discussing? We are not talking about the new computers. The Pismo is the last Powerbook G3 that was released, and we are talking about the processor (or future ones) that are available for it.

Just a FYI.

Gus

7. Gus thread starter macrumors 65816

Gus

Video upgrade? Whatever do you mean? ;-P

Doooo tell!

Gus