Pismo problems

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by iProd, Jun 17, 2006.

1. iProd macrumors regular

iProd

Recently, my PB Pismo has been having boot problems. When I try to start it normally, it usually takes half an hour to boot (if it even does), and freezes a lot once booted. It usually is stuck on the spinny thing. I have also tried to boot from my Tiger dvd, but that doesn't work either. I did manage to boot off the cd when the hard drive wasn't in it. And I've tried running fsck-y in OF, but it says unkown word "fsck." What could be the problem? I've tried two different hds, and both have had no success.

2. Nuc macrumors 6502a

Nuc

Have you tried running the hardware test if you could boot it off the CD? Could give that a go. I initially thought it was your HD because I had the same problem on mine. But I see that you tried 2 different HD's. Try the hardware test though.

Nuc

3. iProd thread starter macrumors regular

iProd

4. Sonny Lykos macrumors newbie

Several months ago I had a similar problem with my Pismo 400. One time it turned out to be a very slighty loose board (the one you pull to change ram) and the 2nd time it was the hard drive - not quite snapped in tight.

5. iProd thread starter macrumors regular

iProd

Well, it seems to mount fine in target disk mode. Another thing I have found is this: in verbose mode, it get stuck at "BSD root: disk0s10, major 14, minor 9" What could this mean?