PISMO users: The best game?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Flowbee, Apr 13, 2003.

1. Flowbee macrumors 68030

Dec 27, 2002
    Alameda, CA
    Hello all,

I've got a Pismo Powerbook G3/400 with 768mb of ram. Are there any first-person shooters out there that will run reasonably well on this machine under OS X? I'm not interested in the latest, cutting-edge software (I'm well aware of the Pismo's limitations). I'd be happy with something from the Doom era, if that's all I can hope to run.

My only requirements are:
    -First-person shooter (from any era)
    -Reasonably smooth gameplay
    -Multiplayer option (over local network)
    -Runs in OS X (I don't use OS 9)

What's the best?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

PS - Please don't respond by telling me to build a PC if I want to play games, or that I should buy a 17" Powerbook. I love my Pismo (see the sig), and finding a decent FPS would just be icing on the cake.
  2. alex_ant macrumors 68020

Feb 5, 2002
    All up in your bidness
    I think you'd have more luck finding pure OS 9 games. Quake, Quake 2, Doom, Hexen, Duke Nukem 3D, Half-Life... I know Quake is available for OS X, but I'm not sure about others.
  3. iJon macrumors 604

Feb 7, 2002
    unreal tournet runs quite well on it, if you are looking for a good game to play go get deus ex. one of my favorite games. i cant wait for the second one this june for my pc.

4. mymemory macrumors 68020

May 9, 2001
    About your pismo

I have OSX in one of mine but the graphics and some text in IE looks like in a very low resolution, I mean, some text loks like if I was using 256 colors or something like that. But those are in web sites only because the "status bar" at the botton looks nice and clean as it shuld to be.

Do you have something of that.