Pit Bull attacks 757

Discussion in 'Community' started by Durandal7, Oct 2, 2002.

1. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

2. job macrumors 68040

job

Damn..

That's frucked up..

Attached Files:

3. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief

So my question is:

Why is it that when a dog is improperly loaded in a hold and gets loose, freaks out (understandably) and trys to dig his way out it becomes a "vicious Pitbull" story?
    :confused: :mad:

4. job macrumors 68040

job

Well how else are you going to transport a 4 legged killing machine? ;) :p

Certainly not in First Class... ;) :D

5. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief

A wolverine is a 4 legged killing machine. A Pitbull is a dog. Any dog over 60 lb would have done the same thing..... it just wouldn't be news.:rolleyes: :mad:

6. job macrumors 68040

job

Geez man, I was just kidding...

I just had thought of that old joke...

Q: What has 4 legs and an arm?

P: A Rottweiler..

:D ;)

7. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief

Okay. Milady spent some time as an Animal Control Officer out here.... We both get a bit touchy about negative-context urban legends about animals. I will say though that Rotts are nearly as unpredictable as Pits are thought to be.

She's working for an animal shelter right now actually and the ugliest experience in her 3 years of SPCA work was just a few days ago:

A Rott she was taking to be neutered at a local vet went ballistic in the parking lot and killed a cat. At 90 Lb there was no way to effectively control him once he got started with just her there..... The cat had approached the Rott... Milady had been giving the cat a wide berth, keeping the dog close... just a few inches of leash-slack but the little bugger wanted to be friendly and walked right up to them. It took long enough for the vet staff (who unfortunately owned the cat) to get outside that the cat was already mortally wounded. Needless to say the Rott got Euthed.

8. diorio macrumors 6502a

Thats one reason I don't like dogs. They can be unpredictable, violent, and act strange at times. They slobber, never stop barking, and poop wherever the hell they feel like. Fish on the other hand just swim around and eat the food you give them, they are a much better pet if you ask me.

9. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

10. diorio macrumors 6502a

Lets just say the dog wouldn't be recieving any dog biscuits for a while.

11. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Wow, that's nuts. Dogs are great in general, I've had 3 and will probably always have one. The thing with Rotts and PittBulls is that more often than not, the ones you here the stories about are the ones that have been abused by the owner to be mean. Its not always the case, but I say the percentages are in favor of that being the case.

12. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

hes in time out?

13. Mrs. Zinnderson macrumors member

Mrs. Zinnderson

You cannot snuggle with a fish. Dogs are bad only if the owners are. Owners are bad if their dogs are bad. Evil is limited to the species homo sapiens; other species are instinctual and cannot reason; therefore they cannot be evil.

P.S. I am working on my 4th glass of wine.

P.S.S. Even though I am somewhat inebriated, I am very erudite.

14. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

Ummmmm on planes maybe..... But in basically any other case they are the most loving, caring, and loyal of any pets you can find. Get a Rat Terrier. They are awesome. I love dogs. They are anything but violent. I guess there are some violent breeds but dogs in general are not violent.

15. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

16. Durandal7 thread starter macrumors 68040

I doubt if anything serious happened to the dog. The Airline accepted the risk of transporting a live animal on a passenger jet when the dog was allowed on board.

17. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

Well unfortunately he didn't get electrocuted when he chewed through the wires. :p

Of course, in the dog's defense, "WHAT THE HELL AM I DOING up at 35,000 FEET?!" *chew gnaw rip gnaw gnaw tear* I wouldn't be too happy down there either.

18. Durandal7 thread starter macrumors 68040

19. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

What is that???? It doesn't look real and a bit evil

20. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

OMG that is friggin' creepy!! :eek:

As for pitbulls, I honestly don't feel comfortable around them...they just don't look right by nature. It's probably due to all of the "horror" stories I've heard and the bad reputation the uphold. In support of duke's comment on abused animals, I know there are many pitbull owners who breed them solely for the purpose of fighting them against each other. I know for certain the only pitbulls I ever see around here are owned by the wanna-be gangsters...:rolleyes:

21. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

i am a part time landscaper and know how to make strong fences and such

my parents wanted to keep their small cat inside the front porch area...which was near the bird feeder just outside the porch area

i drove two large property stakes in to hold an animal approved fence and make the fence double height so the cat could not jump it...slick metal and nowhere to hang onto

the cat actually pushed the fence with the stakes in the ground and big rocks holding the base of the fence in and got out

just short of bending the steel cage of the fence, which an adult could have done, this five pound cat imposed its will on my creation of a barrier:p

22. Durandal7 thread starter macrumors 68040

23. diorio macrumors 6502a

Most dogs maybe, but my brother almost got his hand bit off by a vicious dog, so I don't like them.

24. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

why did he have his hand near a viscious dog? And why was the dog viscious? Dogs don't just come out their mothers viscious. THey are treated badly, and then they turn viscious. TO me that is a reason to get a dog. One less dog to go to a bad owner, and become a bad dog.

25. diorio macrumors 6502a

Well, it was his friends dog, and he was going to pet it. My brother was quite nice to the dog before it bit him, the dog was just crazy.