pitch bender for FCP?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by silverback66, Oct 29, 2005.

1. silverback66 macrumors regular

Is there any such plugin available for FCP? I'm cutting a dream sequence and I was hoping to change the voices.

2. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

I think you can just change the speed of the audio and that will lower your pitch...speeding it up raises it of course.

3. silverback66 thread starter macrumors regular

right, but I need the pitch to change while the speed stays the same.

4. Orlando Furioso macrumors 6502

Orlando Furioso

not sure if you got Soundtrack with FCP, but it has a pitch filter (among others) you can mess around with. Since I'm not a music guy, or sound engineer type I was hesitant to use Soundtrack at first, but I found it to be intuitive enough to learn quickly and it now bends to my will nicely. =)

you can export the clip to ST, edit just the audio, and pop it back into your sequence.

edit: just checked in FCP. You might be able to do it right from FCP without jumping between programs.

Check to see if you have this filter in your effects bin:

Effects (tab) >Audio Filters > Apple > AUPitch.

It is the same filter I use in ST. Im not sure if it comes with FCP by default, or if it was part of the ST package (in which case, you might not have access to it from FCP).

5. silverback66 thread starter macrumors regular

unfortunatley I don't have the filter in FCP but Soundtrack does exactly what I was wanting to do so thank you!