Pitchfork review of Napster 2.0

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Ambrose Chapel, Nov 6, 2003.

1. Ambrose Chapel macrumors 65816

Ambrose Chapel

Jul 24, 2002
  2. e-coli macrumors 68000

Jul 27, 2002

But, I will say, iTMS has a long way to go, as well. They have relatively little truly exciting indie stuff. That makes it of limited value to me.
  3. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

Jan 11, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Yeah, I've already heard grumblings about Napster 2.0 on some PC forms. And most if it isn't because Roxio is cashing in on the Napster name, but because they aren't happy w/the service.

Currently the iTMS doesn't really have anything that I'm interested in but I think that will come in time. With something like iTMS you have to start from the mainstream and work your way out. Apple has already shown it wants to sign on indie/less known labels so now you just have to be patient for your favorite label to get on there. I can't way until Century Media gets on-board. :D

4. stoid macrumors 601

Feb 17, 2002
    So long, and thanks for all the fish!
    Good to hear that the complaint is that is it not compatible with the iPod, rather than saying that the iPod has short comings. I wonder what Microsoft is going to do since it can't just smash competition by forcing it's proprietary code onto competitors. I'm sure Microsoft won't abandon WMA files, but it's good for Microsoft to sweat it a little bit.