Pittsburgh FLUX

Discussion in 'Community' started by Moxiemike, Oct 28, 2002.

1. Moxiemike macrumors 68020

Moxiemike

In case anyone noticed that eye and I hadn't posted all weekend, telling you all about our recent pooping escapades, it's only because we were ripping it up in Pittsburgh.

From getting a whole club up and on the dancefloor, to shooting the hell out of FLUX on Saturday, to trespassing in adbandoned mental wards and more... man did we have a blast.

Check out the FLUX pics here:

http://moxiesite.com/fluxpix/

2. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

can u say WOW?

Holy Crap!!!! :D

Damn...that was an awesome weekend!! Macrosoft & I tore down the house in Pittsburgh this weekend! ;)

Moxie...u guys gotta come down soon man...we'll make sure u guys are hurting even more than Saturday morning! ;)

so I'm gonna check out the photos...report soon to follow ;)

3. medea macrumors 68030

medea

4. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

5. Moxiemike thread starter macrumors 68020

Moxiemike

What didn't happen? :D Well, I pickedup eye and macro at the pitts airport. We stopped off at the FLUX building to drop some stuff off and meet Dug. Me, eye, macro and dug went to lunch, where macro flirted in fine style with our hot waitress. Dropped the nawlins' mafia off at their hotel. Got ready for the evening.

macro drank choc milk right from a gallon container at a coffeehouse, we had dinner and drinks with Dug, chris and james, ian, macro eye and myself.

Afterwards, went to a local club. Proceeded to get all the people out on the dancefloor. Macro was a dancing fool...people were all like "who the hell are they cats from new orleans???"

Continued the party at dugs' (bars here close at 2am) until well past 5. Good time had by all.

Eye... take 'em thru FLUX..

m

6. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

Flux

he he he...damn what a cool night that was...

Early in the day we stopped at a liquor store to get some "fuel" for the event. So $25 & a 4 liter jug of wine & fifth of Jack Daniels, we were prepared to party. So off we go to the Flux building.

Well Moxie, Dug & I were all showing fotos for www.thefotohaus.com at the event. We had a nice sized corner space in this cool building (2 stories, old social club, been abandoned for 30 years but still damned cool). The 3 of us also had the luxury of shooting the event all night long, which u can see the images in Moxie's first post.

The jug wine was killed within a couple hours, as was the JD. None of us sold any prints, but we have a ton of leads on sales & future work out of it. We managed to sell a few sets of postcards at the Artist Depot.

Flux ended at midnight, then we were off. Back at Dug's to kick it up a notch, then we were off to grab some latenite munchies at some dump called Eat'n Park. For some reason the salmon was appealing, but they had no pie leftover, so Dug & I got cookies to cure our cravings.

oh man..we gotta get Macrosoft here to tell more... :D ;)

7. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

eat n park. i was at one of those yesterday... though i knew better than to eat there. left just as my family was getting seated. booyah!

did you get a smilie cookie

8. vniow macrumors G4

9. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I'm very impressed he even went out in public in that - so yes, do tell what this is all about?

10. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

My guess is that picture involved lots of alcohol, lots and lots and lots of alcohol. Possibly followed by some public nudity. ;)

Just a guess...

11. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

He would have been better off and pulled off the "Super Hero" look if he was wearing a cup. I can't imagine many people not looking at him and laughing - was he ever caught out on the dance floor?

;)

12. vniow macrumors G4

I don't know, but I'm thinking I should have worn something like this when I went to that Jaguar release party.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. peterjhill macrumors 65816

peterjhill

Wish I knew you were here. Eat and Park is a dump, you should have gone to Primanti Bros. or Ritters.

What is flux?

14. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

I've never seen a super hero with that prominent a crotch. It could draw unwanted attention :eek: ;)

15. medea macrumors 68030

medea

Gee, don't you guys know who Gatchaman is? In america it was known (lamely) as G-Force.

Attached Files:

• kntg.jpg
      kntg.jpg
      File size:
      11.6 KB
      Views:
  16. Moxiemike thread starter macrumors 68020

Moxiemike

Sure, Primanti's is good... but Ritters? Come on! ;) That place is disgusting! Yuck! Ptooey!

Actually, the people we were with all started craving the breakfast buffet (guess what happened right before that...) and so, we jetted off to Eat N Puke....

The influx of kids there after stuff closes on Sat (the squirrel hill ENP) led macrosoft to lots of fun. Ritters, i don't think, could have stacked up. :D

FLUX is a multidisciplinary art event that we throw 3-4 times a year, with over 70 artists under one roof. All door proceeds get split amongst the artists. Its to try and give up and coming cats some exposure.... and an excuse for a party with really nice lighting. :D

17. Moxiemike thread starter macrumors 68020

Moxiemike

sorry for the double-post--- dunno if you knew duke, but FLUX in October is a halloween masquerade ball. :D

18. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

heh...yeah...I didn't even wear that damned mask that I had to lug around 2 airports on my way up! :rolleyes:

still...it would have been hard to...shooting fotos & hitting on women & all... ;)