Pittsburgh, KC, and Minnesota stores confirmed

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Sayhey, Apr 2, 2004.

1. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

Apple's web site is now listing job positions for upcoming stores in Pittsburgh, Kansas City, and Roseville Center (Minnesota.) Along with the recent listing of the Danbury (Conn.), Bethesda (Maryland), Austin, and Osaka Stores this brings the number of confirmed new openings to seven. Pittsburgh and Kansas City are the two largest US metro areas without Apple Stores pending these openings. If Apple continues with the normal time frame from job listings to opening dates, then September openings for the three new stores are likely.

Apple's retail job listings

2. keysersoze macrumors 68000

keysersoze

WOO-HOO!!! More LuCkY BaGs!!!!! :)

3. Moxiemike macrumors 68020

Moxiemike

maybe i'll apply for the managers job.....wonder what that pays

4. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

YAY FOR HAVING ANOTHER STORE IN MISSOURI!!!!!

And Kansas City is close enough that I can get there when/if I need to.

5. settledown macrumors regular

Pittsburgh

I have a separate souce confirming this. I am from Pittsburgh, and the store is set to be located in the Walnut St. area of Shadyside.

I cant wait!!!!

6. latergator116 macrumors 68000

latergator116

Great! Now all we need is one in the Providence/Providence metro area.

7. kdickey macrumors newbie

The Plaza Location

On the location on Apples web site its has in the address R097. After going to the web site of the plaza I do see that the addresses have letters and numbers for addresses. While there is no R097 there is a store number of 97 on Warnall I beleive. Looks to be kind of hidden in the north east corner. I still hope this is not the case.

I was hoping for more of a Souther KC location like at Town Center Plaza in Leawood. There has been a BIG Jacobsons store that has not had anyone in it in a couple years that they could have taken half of and put Big old apple logos on that would have caught more eyes than a small dinky country club plaza store. Either way I am excited to finally have a store coming to KC, even if I have to drive all the way north to the plaza ( I hate driving up there! )

8. Sayhey thread starter macrumors 68000

Sayhey

The R097 is an internal number Apple has given the store, it is not a mall address. If you look at infoAppleStore's website there is a list of all the stores and their designation.

9. trebblekicked macrumors 6502a

trebblekicked

that's great news. i'm glad it won't be at the waterfront. walnut at least has some character.

10. Krizoitz macrumors 6502a

Krizoitz

Gotta feel for those poor people in Montana, look how far they have to go for the closest Apple store. Me I got one that is a 5-10 minute walk away, SCORE!

11. michaelrjohnson macrumors 68020

yeah, i have to admit, i do think that these apple stores are nice. but apple better make sure not to do too much and get gateway syndrome. glad you're all gettin an apple store! (there's one in milwaukee)

12. dieselg4 macrumors regular

dieselg4

Hey settledown, I live in Pittsburgh. Which place on Walnut Street? The old jewelry store is too small . . . Does apple ususally build a new store? That would itnersting, the architectural firm that designed the New York (SoHo)store is in Pittsburgh . . .

13. FlamDrag macrumors 6502

According to the drop-down menu, the retail store will be in Country Club Plaza in KC.

14. dieselg4 macrumors regular

dieselg4

Pittsburgh location

For those of your excited for teh 3 rivers one, I heard from a freind they leased the old Gap building. near the sunglasses hut. Makes sense - its practially a blank canvas, with clean frontage - very easy to reskin.

15. CaligulaPgh macrumors newbie

Pittsburgh Rumor is True

The news out of Pittsburgh is true! They have signed a lease on the old Gap property on Walnut Street. An ad seeking applicants for the store manager position is currently circulating. Is this cool or what????

Don't forget about MacOutfitters out in Cranberry too. Those guys have always treated me and my iBook well!

:D

16. trebblekicked macrumors 6502a

trebblekicked

i don't think the mac outfitters guys have anything to worry about. the pgh-met area north (cranberry, wexford etc) probably has just as many potential mac-buyers as pgh proper.

17. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

wow, how great! after they build the minnesota one (i know just which shopping center that's in, and it does seem right), the nearest apple store will only be 400 miles away-- not 450! i can go every day!

:rolleyes:

Now would be a great time for Apple to launch 20 more stores within 3 blocks in California...

paul