Pixar Cars geek Jobs in-joke

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by leenoble, Aug 3, 2006.

1. leenoble macrumors member

leenoble

Just got back from seeing Cars and I thought I noticed a bit of a Mac in-joke. At one point Mater is talking to Lightning and he describes someone as "looking like a jagwire".

Just an observation.

2. Kardashian macrumors 68020

Kardashian

3. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

umm, I've not seen the movie, but Jaguar is a type of car, after all. Maybe you're reading too much into it.

4. leenoble thread starter macrumors member

leenoble

Back when Jobs took the stage to introduce Jaguar much was made about the fact he pronounced it Jagwire, seemingly different to everybody else. Just do a google search for Jagwire if you don't believe me. Mater has a pretty thick accent in the film and it may just be a coincidence but seeing as how nothing in animation is ever not thought about in absolute detail I think it's possibly a mild crack at the boss.

5. CompUser Guest

Its not "Jag war" or "Jag wire", its "Jag g-u ar" according to the commercials on TV and the radio.

6. tektonnic macrumors 6502

tektonnic

Dunno if its already been mentioned but the apple easter egg is:

[​IMG]

Spotted on tuaw.

(ps. incase your being dense, look at the white cars bonnet - the easter egg isn't a quicktime menu momentarily appears on the tarmac)

7. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

I thought that "Jag g-u ar" was used only when you wanted to be a prick. :eek:

8. tektonnic macrumors 6502

tektonnic

oh and I say it jag-u-uh , and I'm british, just so you know that we don't say it like Austin Power "Jag-war".