Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

leenoble

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 3, 2003
Just got back from seeing Cars and I thought I noticed a bit of a Mac in-joke. At one point Mater is talking to Lightning and he describes someone as "looking like a jagwire".

Just an observation.

gauchogolfer

macrumors 603
Jan 28, 2005
American Riviera
leenoble said:
Just got back from seeing Cars and I thought I noticed a bit of a Mac in-joke. At one point Mater is talking to Lightning and he describes someone as "looking like a jagwire".

Just an observation.

umm, I've not seen the movie, but Jaguar is a type of car, after all. Maybe you're reading too much into it.

leenoble

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 3, 2003
Back when Jobs took the stage to introduce Jaguar much was made about the fact he pronounced it Jagwire, seemingly different to everybody else. Just do a google search for Jagwire if you don't believe me. Mater has a pretty thick accent in the film and it may just be a coincidence but seeing as how nothing in animation is ever not thought about in absolute detail I think it's possibly a mild crack at the boss.

C

CompUser

Its not "Jag war" or "Jag wire", its "Jag g-u ar" according to the commercials on TV and the radio.

tektonnic

macrumors 6502
Mar 6, 2006
Bucks, UK
Dunno if its already been mentioned but the apple easter egg is:

applecar.jpg

Spotted on tuaw.

(ps. incase your being dense, look at the white cars bonnet - the easter egg isn't a quicktime menu momentarily appears on the tarmac)

ham_man

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2005
CompUser said:
Its not "Jag war" or "Jag wire", its "Jag g-u ar" according to the commercials on TV and the radio.
I thought that "Jag g-u ar" was used only when you wanted to be a prick. :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.