Pixar Films

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Shaun.P, Feb 6, 2006.

1. Shaun.P macrumors 68000

Shaun.P

Hi! Just wanting some film related advice!

I really love Pixar films. Toy Story 1 and 2 are my favourites. There is a 10th anniversary collectors edition for around £25.00 which incorporates the two films into a nice boxset and I was thinking of buying it. Does anyone have this? If so, are the special features nice?

Secondly, there is a Pixar boxset for around £40.00 which has A Bug's Life, Monsters Inc, Finding Nemo and The Incredibles and a few Pixar shorts (I think). I don't like these films as much as the Toy Story series, but they are still enjoyable none the less and the presence of the shorts is a nice addition.

I was just wondering if you think it would be worth it to buy the both of these boxsets, or should I maybe only buy the Toy Story one? If any of you have any of these boxsets, could you please let me know what you think of them?

I am not really a DVD collector; I have four series of Frasier (only four seasons released in the UK) and that is all. However I feel the Pixar films are beautiful and are of tremendous quality and are suitable for people of all ages.

So what do you think? I would appreciate anyones comments. I know I am on here often asking for various buying advice but the people in this forum are always helpful and friendly to me and I would appreciate your help now!

Thanks again,

Shaun.

2. njmac macrumors 68000

njmac

Every single movie put out by Pixar is a winner. I would buy the box set. The only reservation I would have is that as technology gets better, you have to buy the same movies over again. In a year or two everything will probably be released in high definition.

If you like DVD quality and aren't the type to always need to replace your media with the latest bleeding edge, I would say go for it!

3. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

In regards to old media in the next generation of players. A friend of mine just got an HD-DVD player, and though it's a little picky of the DVDs it will read, it does a phenomenal job of upscaling standard DVDs for his HDTV. Once HD-DVDs start coming out, it will be interesting to see how they compare to upscaled DVDs.