Pixar profiled on 60 Minutes II tonight

Discussion in 'Community' started by pmac933, May 28, 2003.

1. macrumors newbie

Thought I'd give everyone a last-minute heads up on this story. I'm sure that some people here would like to see it.

2. macrumors P6

wdlove

Yes, I saw an advertisment for the show on Monday during "CSI: Miami" During the commerical they showed a 17" PowerBook. I wonder if they will interview Steve Jobs? It will be shown at 9pm EDT! :cool:

3. macrumors 68000

MacFan25

I may take a couple mins. to watch a little bit of it. I hope that this new movie does good at the box office!

4. macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Any good/bad news?

Probably all for Nemo and The next one "The Incredibles"

I hear The Incredibles is gonna be the biggest one yet, from what people have seen it is told me to totally kicking.

5. macrumors 65816

Here in Australia we have 60 minutes but even if a good company is on the show they always have to add dramatic lighting effects and a heart burning storyline.

6. macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

stupid finding nemo. anyone who sees my movie compares it to it... bah on pixar

those damn amazing geniuses.. hah

7. macrumors member

thanks for the tip. i watched it and it was actually pretty good. john lasseter is so cool. he's proof that you don't have to be evil to have genius.

8. macrumors 68040

tazo

as far as i am concerned, MI was the last good pixar movie.

9. macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

perhaps because it WAS the last pixar movie at all? :rolleyes:

10. macrumors P6

wdlove

I watched the segment and thoroughly enjoyed the interviews. A good thing to take away is that the workers at Pixar are kid's at heart. From the second interview with Steve, it appears that he feels Pixar has attained stature. He's looking to negotiate a better deal with Disney! :)

11. macrumors 68000

MacFan25

Yeah, I watched it too. I thought that it was interesting that in 1986 he bought Pixar for $10 million. Now it is worth about $3 billion! :D

12. macrumors 6502a

God, that place must be a paradise for CGI people. I watched the segment and saw Pixar as a place somewhere over the rainbow. I thought of my current job and I got really really depressed. Excuse me while I go hang myself. :(

13. macrumors P6

wdlove

I pray that you were serious about your last two sentences! Your sig would suggest that you were kidding!