Pixel Editor for Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by tutubibi, Oct 25, 2004.

1. tutubibi macrumors 6502a

tutubibi

It's time again to tap in resourceful MacRumors community for an advice. Last time, I asked the question, I discovered NeoOffice, so I hope for repeat.

Since switching to Mac couple of months ago, I was able to find equivalent or better OSX application for almost everything I need with one notable exception:
    Simple, free or low-cost image editor (something like Microsoft Paint on steroids).
    All I need to do is to be able to edit pixel-by-pixel small images (up to 128x128).
    On a Windows, I used Paint Shop Pro. It was much more that I ever needed.
    On Mac, I tried GIMP but it's way too much for what I need to do and interface is hard to like. I also tried Pixen, I like features but it's very unstable.

So the question is: Is there anything else?

Thanks in advance.

2. decksnap macrumors 68040

decksnap

I use Macromedia Fireworks- it's not free- but it can do everything.

3. tutubibi thread starter macrumors 6502a

tutubibi

Thanks, but 300 USD price would be hard for me to justify for something I use couple of hours a month.

4. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Which Mac do you have? Power ones come with GraphicConverter, which should do all that you want it to do (if not, it's shareware - $35 if you decide to keep it - and available here).

5. tutubibi thread starter macrumors 6502a

tutubibi

Thanks jsw, I will download it and give it a try.
    By the way, I have iBook G4.

One question regarding GraphicConverter: Does it support editing tools like pen, brush, fill, etc?

6. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Yes, it supports those things, and I think it's a good app for the price ($35), plus, of course, you can try it for free.