pixel issue

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by laidbackliam, Dec 22, 2006.

1. laidbackliam macrumors 6502

Feb 1, 2006
    so, i brought my laptop into the michigan ave apple store to schedule them to fix my laptop screen and the right fan of my laptop.

i get home, open the laptop, and now i have dead pixels on the bottom of my screen, near the bottom. i'm going to try restarting to see if this fixes anything, but i highly doubt it. any ideas on what i should do?
  2. Shadow macrumors 68000

Feb 17, 2006
    Keele, United Kingdom
    They could just be stuck, theres a program which flashes the screen to get rid of them, try VersionTracker. If that doesnt work, try massaging them...(carefully)
  3. clayj macrumors 604

Jan 14, 2005
    visiting from downstream
    If the pixels were fine BEFORE you took it in for service, seems to me that Apple should be responsible for that.
  4. felipson macrumors member

Dec 10, 2006
    I agree and would demand an explanation or some sort of product damage reimbursement of some sort
  5. onthat macrumors regular

Feb 26, 2006
    Ruston, Louisiana
    Download a pixelfixer and try that, but don't attempt to rub the screen in any way...nor either side. Give the program time, it took me a little over 2 hours to fix one on my first Powerbook. If that doesn't work, bring it to the apple store.
  6. joseph_68 macrumors member

Apr 8, 2004
    Sounds like your display carelessly handled. There is no way I would stand for that. It sound like someone began picking up your notebook by the display OR in reassemling the case put some pressure on that part of the screen.

I would take it back in immediately and take a firm stance on a resolution.