Pixel massage?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Jiddick ExRex, Jun 4, 2006.

1. Jiddick ExRex macrumors 65816

Jiddick ExRex

I just got my new Dell 2005FPW, and oh my god!!!!

Working with my iBook as the secondary screen is insane. The screen space is sooooo nice and welcome, I don't think I will ever use my lappie without my external again!!

However it did come with a 'stuck' subpixel up in the right corner. Nothing to cry home about seeing as it is the place where you never look and that you can only notice it if you stick your nose to the screen on a nonmoveable white background.

I did read something about massaging the pixel back to life. How do you do that and is it risky and does it work? Anyone?

2. Sutekidane macrumors 6502a

Sutekidane

It's not risky at all, but really only works about 15% of the time. Just rub it with your finger, if it begins to fix itself, keep rubbing a bit until it stays normal. Just don't press too hard, you might break the LCD. I find that they can handle a good amount of abuse though.

3. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

Somebody posted a program that often brought pixels back to life. A link would be great.

4. calebjohnston macrumors 68000

calebjohnston

Ask and you shall receive.

http://www.dashboardlineup.com/article.php/20060407153011535

It hasn't worked for too many people, though. And don't let it run for more than maybe 20 minutes at a time -- some people have said it can stick the pixel more.

5. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

Thank you so much! I don't have any dead pixels at the moment, but I want this at the ready in my toolkit should dreaded pixel death occur. Thanks again.

6. BlizzardBomb macrumors 68030

BlizzardBomb

Massaging and pixel flashy thing never worked for mine but I'm not too bothered :p

7. Laser47 macrumors 6502a

Laser47

I have an HP LCD which had a stuck blue pixel in the top corner, tried the pixel flash program for a couple hours, and the stuck pixel went away.

8. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

Did it ever come back home?

9. Laser47 macrumors 6502a

Laser47

if you mean did the pixel come back, no its still gone. I fixed it about 9 months ago.

10. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

Has anybody had any success with pixel ressurection?

11. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

The bottom line is, if you have a stuck pixel it is extremely unlikely you will be able to "unstick" it