Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lowendlinux

macrumors 603
Original poster
Sep 24, 2014
Germany
I just wanted to say that I just got a new Pixma Pro 10 to replace my dead Pro 9000 and man is this thing nice! :D

Reactions: tgara

MCAsan

macrumors 601
Jul 9, 2012
Atlanta
We have Pro 1 (for art prints) and Pro 10 (scrapbooking prints) and like both very much.

Last edited:

kenoh

macrumors demi-god
Jul 18, 2008
Glasgow, UK
I am on the verge of looking at one of these. What is the difference between the 10 and the 10s? and is it as big and heavy as the reviews say?

Sorry for being lazy and not checking myself.

lowendlinux

macrumors 603
Original poster
Sep 24, 2014
Germany
I am on the verge of looking at one of these. What is the difference between the 10 and the 10s? and is it as big and heavy as the reviews say?

Sorry for being lazy and not checking myself.

I don't know the difference between the 10 and 10s but no the printer could not be considered compact in any way.

Reactions: kenoh

kenoh

macrumors demi-god
Jul 18, 2008
Glasgow, UK
Hmm...

Here you go... Canon UK store, 10s

http://www.canon.co.uk/printers/inkjet/pixma/pixma_pro-10s/

Wonder if 10s is a designation for international markets? OK, 10s apparently has the cloud printing built in. Dunno, it is £400 cheaper than the 10 on Amazon... I need to think about whether I am going to really print enough to justify it.

How many photos do you get from the ink? I know this is a stupid question as it depends on what colours are involved and in what quantities but are we talking roughly 10, 50, 150 ish?

georgeinnj

macrumors regular
Feb 23, 2010
New Jersey, USA
Hmm...

Wonder if 10s is a designation for international markets? OK, 10s apparently has the cloud printing built in. Dunno, it is £400 cheaper than the 10 on Amazon... I need to think about whether I am going to really print enough to justify it.

How many photos do you get from the ink? I know this is a stupid question as it depends on what colours are involved and in what quantities but are we talking roughly 10, 50, 150 ish?

I bought the pro-10 late last year when they had it on sale for around $400 and since then I've printed about 50 or more 6x4, maybe a dozen 5x7 and 8x11 and the print status shows the cartridges a bit under the 50% level. The prints covered a wide range of subjects such as family shots, landscapes, wild life, etc.

kenoh

macrumors demi-god
Jul 18, 2008
Glasgow, UK

I bought the pro-10 late last year when they had it on sale for around $400 and since then I've printed about 50 or more 6x4, maybe a dozen 5x7 and 8x11 and the print status shows the cartridges a bit under the 50% level. The prints covered a wide range of subjects such as family shots, landscapes, wild life, etc.

Cool thank you.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Hmm...

A lot more if you leave your printer switched on 24/7.
Otherwise you'll find yourself cleaning your nozzles more often than not.

steveash

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2008
UK
I gave up printing things myself. I found the cost of ink and paper on top of the printer to be too high for the quantity I was printing. I did the maths and nearly passed out at how much I was paying per print. It would be even worse if I factored in the number of times I print 90 degrees to the paper by mistake, put the paper in upside-down or ran out of an ink half way through a big print. The final straw was when Canon refused to update drivers for an OSX update and turned my scanner and printer into huge paperweights.

I now send out all my stuff to The Print Space and it arrives the next day looking perfect. They even do proper C-Type prints so they look like real photos rather than inkjet prints.

MCAsan

macrumors 601
Jul 9, 2012
Atlanta
And how does a print show allow you to pick precisely the paper you want for a specific image? I will stick my Pro-1 and freedom it allows me to have in printing both color and B&W images. ;)

lowendlinux

macrumors 603
Original poster
Sep 24, 2014
Germany
I gave up printing things myself. I found the cost of ink and paper on top of the printer to be too high for the quantity I was printing. I did the maths and nearly passed out at how much I was paying per print. It would be even worse if I factored in the number of times I print 90 degrees to the paper by mistake, put the paper in upside-down or ran out of an ink half way through a big print. The final straw was when Canon refused to update drivers for an OSX update and turned my scanner and printer into huge paperweights.

I now send out all my stuff to The Print Space and it arrives the next day looking perfect. They even do proper C-Type prints so they look like real photos rather than inkjet prints.

In my case it's a work printer

steveash

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2008
UK
And how does a print show allow you to pick precisely the paper you want for a specific image? I will stick my Pro-1 and freedom it allows me to have in printing both color and B&W images. ;)

I don't want to sound like an advert but they do have a selection of papers which I have a sample pack of. I just got a C-Type print on metallic paper which suites the picture very well.

In my case it's a work printer

Mine too, although only for internal use. I only do prints for clients as gifts.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.