Pixma Projector not working with OS X

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by sabor, Nov 30, 2006.

1. sabor macrumors regular

sabor

I am connecting my MacBook to a Pixma x350 projector via miniDV with a miniDV to VGA adaptor. System Preferences shows the projector display when I select Detect Displays, but the projector itself will not find the Mac when looking for devices :confused:

I have changed to every resolution and refresh rate on the Pixma's display preference with no luck. The funny part is that if I boot into Windows using BootCamp, the projector picks up the signal immediately and starts displaying what Windows is showing...what gives?

Thanks.

2. baummer macrumors 6502a

You must mean the Proxima X350...ok so here's the deal...this projector is really iffy with OS X. Check this document, look under Macintosh. Try those steps; if it doesn't work, might want to use a different projector: http://www.askproxima.com/service/tech_library/FAQMacintosh.pdf

FWIW, I am not sure the new Intel macs are compatible. This is, after all, an old projector.

3. tjm337 macrumors newbie

This is happening to me too

I have a a similar problem with the macbook and proxima x350. I tried my system's administrator's macbook with the proxima x350 and it works fine. I have sent my macbook to apple for repair and it came back and it still doesnt work. I am on the phone currently with apple again.

4. tjm337 macrumors newbie

5. tailknot macrumors newbie

-----

Hi, I'm having the same problem with my MB.

I've got the miniDVI to DVI adapter, but what kind of cable will I need for my Proxima X350? DVI-D (male) to DVI-D (male), dual link? :confused:

Thanks in advance! :p