Placing an order for PM & Monitor- HELP!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Soire, Jun 9, 2004.

1. Soire macrumors regular

Ok, I'll be placing an order for a 2.5 PowerMac, and I am a student developer. But my question is, if they release new displays before these suckers ship (July sometime) Then can I add on to my order at the discounted price?

AKA can I add a new monitor to my order when they are released, given that the order won't ship till July...? :confused:

Thanks.

2. netytan macrumors 6502

netytan

I dont see whats stopping you changing your order at some point before it ships, i mean its not like they are custom building the screen - where this is a small problem with IBooks and BTO etc.

Enjoy the new computer :D,

Mark.

3. Krizoitz macrumors 6502a

Krizoitz

4. Soire thread starter macrumors regular

Well I called the business store people at apple. They said that it looks like once the order is "processed" you can't add things to that order.

That sucks, but it seems that even though what you order isn't shipped for a month, you're not allowed to add things on to be included in the discount.

WHEN ARE THE DISPLAYS GETTING HERE?? The answer to that would help me quite a bit. :(

5. Soc7777777 macrumors regular

with the student discount

dont you get just one purchase for the discoutn.. and when you order a powermac at the developer store... a moniter isnt even an optoin anymore... (i just dont think you can order both with the developer)... just order the pm and buy the display with the edu discount