Plame leaker or fall guy?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by freeny, Aug 30, 2006.

1. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

2. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

3. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

do you mean for armitage or libby?

4. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

Libby and Rove are the sources of the leaks to Miller and Cooper and these are before and contemporaneous with the leak to Novak. While the Armitage leak to Novak is now out in the open as the primary source for Novak, it in no way absolves the White House, particularly the Office of the VP, from culpability in leaking classified information for its own political purposes.

5. freeny thread starter macrumors 68020

freeny

Do I smell a conspiracy?

6. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

No it does not. But all they need is for Armitage to claim he did it on his own, no one told him to do it and he had clearance and a reason to know that Plame was a CIA agent. If he becomes a sole operator there's not much that can be done to get past him and investigate further.

I would expect a pardon shortly after the election if Armitage is charged with anything, especially if the Republicans keep control of Congress. This gives them the "See we investigate and hold people accountable" excuse until after the election.

7. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

You guys tickle me.

From your perspective, there is no way could the Republicans or this administration could do something correct, or be honest. Everything must be wrong or part of a conspiracy.

Have fun! ;)